Wowza Media Systems™ provides Wowza Player™ software updates that have bug fixes as well as new features and functionality.
Latest version of Wowza Player
The latest version is Wowza Player 1.1.07 build 5018 released on October 20, 2017.
Changes (since 1.1.06)
- Fixed playback issues when using Wowza Player in the latest versions of the Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.
Earlier versions of Wowza Player
1.1.06 build 5011 (Changes since 1.1.04)
- Fixed playback issues when using Wowza Player in the Safari 11 browser.
- Disabled the autoplay feature in Wowza Player on all platforms to prevent playback issues in browsers that are changing their autoplay policies.
- Fixed an issue with font decoding.
- Fixed issues with the audio player user interface when playing, pausing, stopping, and resuming playback of the stream.
- Fixed an issue with character encoding in the stream title and description.
1.1.04 build 4934 (Changes since 1.1.03)
- Fixed an InvalidState exception that prevented playback on Internet Explorer.
1.1.03 build 4930 (Changes since 1.1.02)
- Fixed a problem in the data track that sometimes caused data events to be missed and the 'Cannot read property getTime() of undefined' exception to be thrown.
- Added a workaround for Safari 10.1.2, which introduced a bug that caused playback to stall at the first frame and never continue.
1.1.02 build 4848 (Changes since 1.1.01)
- Fixed a problem that caused the sourceURL to change from http: to file: if Wowza Player was loaded in the browser with the file: protocol.
1.1.01 build 4741 (Changes since 1.1.10)
- Improved the logic used to trim the buffer between chunks. In rare cases, the logic in previous versions could prevent VOD assets from playing if they had an I-frame and a P-frame at the beginning of a chunk with the same time.
- Fixed an issue with CSS that caused the adaptive-bitrate controller to display white text on a white background.
1.1.0 build 4655 (Changes since 1.0.10)
- Removed Wowza Media Systems branding and changed to a neutral color scheme
- Replaced pause/resume functionality with stop/play for live playback. Now, playback resumes from the live playhead time rather than the playhead time when the live stream was stopped.
1.0.10 build 4565 (changes since 1.0.09)
- Fixed problem that sometimes caused the player to go into buffering mode and not continue playing the video
- Fixed a problem that prevented adaptive bitrate (ABR) renditions from updating after a load balancing redirect
1.0.09 build 4538 (changes since 1.0.08)
- Fixed display issue with end poster time frame
- Other bug fixes
1.0.08 build 4514 (changes since 1.0.07)
- Fixed start-playback issues on recent versions of Firefox
- Fixed "invalid state" errors when calling pause() through the API on completed streams
1.0.07 build 4414 (changes since 1.0.06)
- Fixed playback issues in Android Chrome 56
1.0.06 build 4395 (changes since 1.0.05)
- Fixed problem detecting redirects when asset filenames start with numbers
1.0.05 build 4378 (changes since 1.0.04)
- Fixed problem where first three seconds of live would sometimes repeat
- Fixed problem where first three seconds of VOD would sometimes repeat
1.0.04 build 4360 (changes since 1.0.03)
- WSE Load Balancer support
- Fixed problem with multi-slice video playback (Green screen) on OSX Safari
- Fixed a seek bar problem on DVR streams after pausing and resuming playback
- Fixed problem with three-byte NAL delimiters (Green screen) on OSX Safari
1.0.03 build 4209 (changes since 1.0.02)
- Fixed problem with low latency streams where chunks are skipped due to inability to keep up. Chunk times were incorrectly reset back to time 0, overwriting previous data
- Fixed possible exceptions in player model code
- Added warning message if live chunklists contain less than 8 seconds of data after they have had time to fill
- Fixed Flash player not responding to ID3 (Metadata) events
- Fixed JS API onBitrateChanged events not firing when autoPlay:true
1.0.02 build 4126 (changes since 1.0.01)
- Changed default bufferTimeFill from 15 to 35 seconds to reduce buffering in bad network conditions
- Enhanced chunk download logging to include download and parse times
1.0.01 build 3962 (changes since 1.0.0)
- Fixed issue on Android where player would hang in a Buffering state
1.0.00 build 3901
- Improved checking for non-playable streams
- Added icon in title bar when there is a description
- Fixed playback issues around gaps in audio packets
- Fixed playback issues when initial chunk has audio lagging video by at least a keyframe
- Fixed loader problems when player is loaded from an external script
- Fixed problems when codec changes between chunks