Wowza Media Systems™ provides Wowza Player™ software updates including bug fixes as well as new features and functionality.
Note: The most recent version of Wowza Player is used by default, but it is possible to specify and use an earlier version. For more information, see Use a specific version of Wowza Player.
Latest version of Wowza Player
The latest version is Wowza Player 1.1.13 build 8693 released on November 6, 2018.
Changes (since 1.1.12)
- Performed internal license administration updates.
Earlier versions of Wowza Player
1.1.12 build 8600 – released October 10, 2018
- Added a feature for playback of redundant streams where Wowza Player switches between primary and backup chunklists in a redundant HLS stream if the primary stream fails.
- Fixed missing event.description field in onMetadata callback when playing on native iOS.
- Fixed problem where some WOWZ over WebSocket streams originating in Wirecast would not start playback.
- Fixed bug where WebSocket AMF event payload was dropped from onMetaData event if the payload consisted of AMFDataMixedArray.
- Fixed an issue where audio-only streams were failing to play after bitrate switch.
- Removed Wowza brand logo from audio-only player.
- Fixed seek bar for DVR playback. Corrected issue where seek bar was not calculating correct seek time after chunks had dropped out of the DVR window.
1.1.11 build 5235 – released June 29, 2018
- Fixed problem with WebSocket streaming where AMF data events were not triggered for listeners.
1.1.10 build 5108 – released May 9, 2018
- Fixed probem where DVR would incorrectly resume from live point.
- Implemented new adaptive-bitrate algorithm that performs better down-shifting in bad network conditions.
- Added property abrUseNeuralNetwork to use old adaptive-bitrate switching logic. Defaults to false.
- Added logging to show which adaptive-bitrate algorithm is being used.
- Fixed throughput calculation used in adaptive-bitrate algorithm.
- Fixed bug where rebuffering elapsed time was always calculated at zero.
- Fixed exception thrown when ID3 metadata was malformed.
1.1.09 build 5040 – released February 28, 2018
- Fixed the corrupted wowzaplayer.png file.
1.1.08 build 5032 – released January 24, 2018
- Fixed an issue with playback not starting or stalling when the stream has duplicate audio packets. Set the removeDuplicateTimecodes property to true to turn on the check.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused data events to be purged so quickly that the listeners missed them.
1.1.07 build 5018 – released October 20, 2017
- Fixed playback issues when using Wowza Player in the latest versions of the Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.
1.1.06 build 5011 – released October 6, 2017
- Fixed playback issues when using Wowza Player in the Safari 11 browser.
- Disabled the autoplay feature in Wowza Player on all platforms to prevent playback issues in browsers that are changing their autoplay policies.
- Fixed an issue with font decoding.
- Fixed issues with the audio player user interface when playing, pausing, stopping, and resuming playback of the stream.
- Fixed an issue with character encoding in the stream title and description.
1.1.04 build 4934
- Fixed an InvalidState exception that prevented playback on Internet Explorer.
1.1.03 build 4930
- Fixed a problem in the data track that sometimes caused data events to be missed and the 'Cannot read property getTime() of undefined' exception to be thrown.
- Added a workaround for Safari 10.1.2, which introduced a bug that caused playback to stall at the first frame and never continue.
1.1.02 build 4848
- Fixed a problem that caused the sourceURL to change from http: to file: if Wowza Player was loaded in the browser with the file: protocol.
1.1.01 build 4741
- Improved the logic used to trim the buffer between chunks. In rare cases, the logic in previous versions could prevent VOD assets from playing if they had an I-frame and a P-frame at the beginning of a chunk with the same time.
- Fixed an issue with CSS that caused the adaptive-bitrate controller to display white text on a white background.
1.1.0 build 4655
- Removed Wowza Media Systems branding and changed to a neutral color scheme.
- Replaced pause/resume functionality with stop/play for live playback. Now, playback resumes from the live playhead time rather than the playhead time when the live stream was stopped.
1.0.10 build 4565
- Fixed problem that sometimes caused the player to go into buffering mode and not continue playing the video.
- Fixed a problem that prevented adaptive bitrate (ABR) renditions from updating after a load balancing redirect.
1.0.09 build 4538
- Fixed display issue with end poster time frame.
- Other bug fixes.
1.0.08 build 4514
- Fixed start-playback issues on recent versions of Firefox.
- Fixed "invalid state" errors when calling pause() through the API on completed streams.
1.0.07 build 4414
- Fixed playback issues in Android Chrome 56.
1.0.06 build 4395
- Fixed problem detecting redirects when asset filenames start with numbers.
1.0.05 build 4378
- Fixed problem where first three seconds of live would sometimes repeat.
- Fixed problem where first three seconds of VOD would sometimes repeat
1.0.04 build 4360
- WSE Load Balancer support
- Fixed problem with multi-slice video playback (Green screen) on OSX Safari
- Fixed a seek bar problem on DVR streams after pausing and resuming playback
- Fixed problem with three-byte NAL delimiters (Green screen) on OSX Safari
1.0.03 build 4209
- Fixed problem with low latency streams where chunks are skipped due to inability to keep up. Chunk times were incorrectly reset back to time 0, overwriting previous data
- Fixed possible exceptions in player model code
- Added warning message if live chunklists contain less than 8 seconds of data after they have had time to fill.
- Fixed Flash player not responding to ID3 (Metadata) events.
- Fixed JS API onBitrateChanged events not firing when autoPlay:true.
1.0.02 build 4126
- Changed default bufferTimeFill from 15 to 35 seconds to reduce buffering in bad network conditions.
- Enhanced chunk download logging to include download and parse times.
1.0.01 build 3962
- Fixed issue on Android where player would hang in a Buffering state.
1.0.00 build 3901
- Improved checking for non-playable streams
- Added icon in title bar when there is a description
- Fixed playback issues around gaps in audio packets
- Fixed playback issues when initial chunk has audio lagging video by at least a keyframe
- Fixed loader problems when player is loaded from an external script.
- Fixed problems when codec changes between chunks.