This article introduces the different parts of the Logs page to help you find your way around the Wowza Streaming Cloud user interface.
Wowza Streaming Cloud tracks all activities performed in a subscription and provides detailed logs for you to use as needed, including assistance with troubleshooting problems that may arise. You can view logs for all activity, or search for activity based on specific criteria.
- Search – Find an older activity by entering a user, date, or keyword.
- User – Select a name from the User pop-up menu, or select All Users.
- From and To – Specify a date-time range by using the From and To fields.
- Search – Enter a keyword to limit results to entries whose Description includes the search text.
- Show Info – Select to view activity that completed successfully.
- Show Error – Select to view activity that resulted in an error.
Wowza Streaming Cloud displays up to 500 results, 15 per page, for the selected criteria. By default, results are sorted from newest to oldest. The Logs table shows a row for each activity recorded, detailing:
- Time/Date – When the activity occurred. By default, the table is sorted by most oldest to most recent activity, as indicated by the up arrow in the header.
- User – The user who performed the action. The User can be an API request.
- Description – A description of the activity. Activities that resulted in an error appear in red text.
- URL/Referrer/From IP – Where the activity occurred, including:
- URL – The web address on which the activity occurred.
- Ref – The address of the page that was viewed preceding the URL page; API requests don't have referrers.
- From IP – The IP address where the activity occurred.
- Reset – Restore default search parameters.
- Download Logs – Generate a tab-delimited text file of the logs. The generated file is named by the date/time stamp: wowza_cloud_user_logs_yyyymmddhhmmss.log, where hhmmss is hours, minutes, and seconds in UTC/GMT.
- Logs –View logs or search results and sort logs by Time/Date, User, Description, or URL/Referrer/From IP.