This article introduces the different parts of the My Account page to for use with Wowza Streaming Cloud.
The My Account page is located in the Wowza Portal. To access your account from the Wowza Streaming Cloud web manager, click your user name in the menu bar and then click My Account.
This page includes several tabs that you can navigate through in order to manage your account.
You must be the account owner to view the Payment Options, Orders, and StreamLock tabs. The Downloads and StreamLock tabs are only for use with Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Account Number – The account number associated with your Wowza Streaming Cloud account.
- Account Email – The email associated with your Wowza Streaming Cloud account.
- Company – The company associated with your Wowza Streaming Cloud account.
- Contact Information – The first and last name associated with your Wowza Streaming Cloud account. These fields are editable.
Note: Contact email@example.com to change your email address or company name.
- Password – A link to request a password reset.
Payment Options tab
Shows the details of the payment method on record. If you do not have a default method of payment for an existing subscription account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invoices – A list of invoices associated with your account. Due to a change in backend billing systems, invoices generated before September 5, 2013, will not appear in this view. Click an invoice number to open an Adobe PDF file of the invoice.
- View unpaid usage – View pending, unpaid usage from the current billing cycle.
Note: To view updated information in the Unpaid Usage table while an event is streaming live, sign out and then sign back in to your account.
- Hardware orders – A list of hardware orders associated with your account.
- Contact Technical Support – Links to support for each of Wowza Media System's products.
Note: The support options that are available vary based on your support plan.
- View Your Support Tickets – A list of support tickets associate with your email address that provides: the ticket ID, the content of your request, the time the last update to the ticket was made, the time the ticket was created, and the current status of the ticket.
- Manage Support Users – An area to edit support users for your account. Maintenance and support is included with active Wowza license(s) and/or subscription(s). You and your support users may open a support ticket for your Wowza products or download software updates for Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Add a new support user – To add new members to a workgroup, click Add to; enter the member's name, email address and role; and click Save. The new workgroup member will receive a welcome email with login instructions at the email address you provide.
- Remove a support user – To remove an existing member, click Remove.
This tab provides an overview of all subscriptions and hardware devices that are associated with your account.
Wowza Cloud tab
- Manage Wowza Streaming Cloud – A link to the Wowza Streaming Cloud web manager.
- Invoices – A link to the Invoices tab.
- Manage Wowza Streaming Cloud Workgroup – An area to edit work group information. Every subscription for the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service has one owner and one workgroup. The owner manages the subscription. The workgroup can contain multiple users, also called members, who can access the service. All users—owners and members—can belong to multiple workgroups as part of different subscriptions.
- Add a new member to a workgroup – To add new members to a workgroup, click Add to; enter the member's name, email address and role; and click Save. The new workgroup member will receive a welcome email with login instructions at the email address you provide.
- Remove a member from a workgroup – To remove an existing member, click Remove. This will prevent the member from accessing the Wowza Streaming Cloud workgroup
- My Wowza Streaming Cloud Workgroups – An area that displays the details of your workgroup.
- Switch between workgroups – If you belong to multiple workgroups, you can choose the workgroup you want to access when you sign in to Wowza Streaming Cloud, or change workgroups during a session in the manager.
- When you sign in to Wowza Streaming Cloud, select the workgroup you want to access.
- At any time in the Wowza Streaming Cloud, click your user name on the menu bar, and then click Switch Workgroup.