Version: Wowza ClearCaster™ 1.0.2 build 26 released on March 22, 2018.
Note: See Update Wowza ClearCaster Software to learn how to update your ClearCaster device to the latest software version.
Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.2 build 26
The latest version is Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.2 build 26 (188.8.131.52) released on March 22, 2018.
Changes (since 184.108.40.206)
- Fixed several issues with ClearCaster network IP settings configuration.
- Added support for vertical (9:16) video.
Earlier versions of Wowza ClearCaster
220.127.116.11 (changes since 18.104.22.168)
- Enabled support in ClearCaster for 1080p60 video streaming. You can send 1080p60 source video from ClearCaster to Facebook at 30 frames-per-second (fps) by default, or at 60 fps by using a High motion option. Facebook doesn't support 1080p60 video playback at this time.
- Enabled support for ingesting CEA-608 captions in video sent to the ClearCaster SDI input port. (Note: Captions cannot be sent to the HDMI input port.)
- Added ability to crop and send square video to Facebook Live for optimal playback on mobile devices.
- Enabled monitoring statistics to be displayed in ClearCaster Remote Admin (clearcaster.wowza.com): video resolution, bitrate, network ping time, bytes waiting to be sent, and %CPU load.
- Fixed an issue that prevented proper use of the Facebook Live scheduling feature for scheduling ClearCaster live video.
- Added general improvements and fixes to Talent View.
- Fixed an issue that prevented network settings from persisting when configured in the ClearCaster LCD.
- Fixed an issue where changing the source video signal format from YUV to RGB without changing the frame size caused the ClearCaster to stop responding.
22.214.171.124 (changes since 126.96.36.199)
Note: You may receive two update notifications, and must install two updates, in order to upgrade your ClearCaster to version 188.8.131.52. The first update installs software that enables the second update (which includes the new features, enhancements, and bug fixes described below) to be installed.
- Added user-selectable Talent View layouts that show or hide comments.
- Added ability to ClearCaster LCD and Remote Admin (clearcaster.wowza.com) to adjust countdown clock increments.
- Added support to ClearCaster LCD and Remote Admin for displaying input/output video resolution and frame rate.
- Added ability to ClearCaster LCD to adjust audio levels.
- Enabled ClearCaster-to-Facebook pairing on Remote Admin without pairing code.
- Enabled view on Remote Admin that shows ClearCasters paired with Facebook that aren't owned by the user.
- Other enhancements and bug fixes:
- Fixed emojis display on Talent View
- Added ability to ClearCaster LCD to cancel stream before countdown ends
- Changed Broadcast Status light on ClearCaster front panel to only illuminate when the video is Live (not in Preview)
- Fixed network timeout issue where network didn't time out after 90 seconds
- Fixed issue where live video ended 5 seconds early
- Fixed issue that prevented ClearCaster from recovering after network loss
- Improved ClearCaster registration experience
Known issues in this version
- If you change the video signal format for the video source connected to the ClearCaster from YUV to RGB without changing the frame size, the ClearCaster may stop responding. This occurs because the memory that the ClearCaster allocates to store the YUV format isn't sufficient when switching to RGB. If you change the video signal from YUV to RGB, also change the frame size to avoid this issue. This issue will be fixed in a future software update.
- Wowza ClearCaster 184.108.40.206 is the first release of the software.