Version: Wowza ClearCaster™ 1.0.3 build 10 released on June 14, 2018.
Note: See Update Wowza ClearCaster Software to learn how to update your ClearCaster device to the latest software version.
New features and functionality in Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.3
New and improved Broadcast workflow
The addition of a Broadcast page in the ClearCaster Manager gives you enhanced options for configuring and managing live streams. The Go Live workflow has been updated and is now called Create Broadcast, which aligns with the enhanced options on the Broadcast page. Additionally, as part of the Broadcast workflow, you'll be able to configure simulcasting, audience restrictions, and other broadcast-specific settings. See Create a Wowza ClearCaster Live Stream for Facebook for more information about creating broadcasts and Manage your Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts for more information about managing broadcasts.
Support for simulcasting to Wowza Streaming Cloud
With ClearCaster version 184.108.40.206, you can now simultaneously broadcast (simulcast) a stream from your Wowza ClearCaster device to Facebook Live and Wowza Streaming Cloud. For more information, see Simulcast a Wowza ClearCaster Live Stream on Facebook Live and Wowza Streaming Cloud.
Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.3 updates to the encoder software
The following changes were released in Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.3 build 10 (220.127.116.11) on June 12, 2018.
Changes (since 18.104.22.168)
- Added support for 60 frames per second and aspect ratio settings for individual broadcasts.
- Fixed the maximum frame rate system so it applies only when going into a preview.
- Added a startup delay to wait for healthy capture frames and avoid using an incorrect frame size.
- Added support for comments without user information.
- Added a custom simulcast Flash connection version string with the format: FMLS/3.0 (WowzaClearCaster [version]).
- Removed user_actions.video scope because it's been deprecated.
- Fixed an issue that prevented broadcast information from being received after the broadcast was received from the live encoder API.
- Changed the ClearCaster behavior so that if no source is found, the ClearCaster will default to 1080p output.
- Improved the software update process. The LCD and TalentView screens now indicate when an update is in process.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ClearCaster devices from recovering if it is rebooted or turned off during an update.
Wowza ClearCaster 1.0.3 updates to ClearCaster Manager
The following changes to Wowza ClearCaster Manager were released on June 12, 2018.
- Updated the Wowza ClearCaster Manager header to have page tabs: ClearCasters, Broadcasts, and Simulcast.
- Added a Broadcasts page for adding, monitoring, and managing broadcasts.
- Modified the Go Live dialog Create Broadcast and aligned with new broadcast functionality.
- Added a Simulcast page for adding and managing Wowza Streaming Cloud live streams for simultaneous broadcasting.
- Added the option to enable simulcasting to a configured Wowza Streaming Cloud live stream for broadcasts.
- Updated privacy settings and added a tooltip.
- Fixed an issue that caused the live stream broadcast preview to freeze when published (go live).
- Re-enabled broadcasting to Facebook Groups.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the creation of broadcasts without titles.