The recommended go-live workflow is to create, publish, and manage broadcasts from Wowza ClearCaster™ Manager in universal mode. However, you can also create and publish broadcasts from Wowza ClearCaster Manager in Facebook mode, and you can publish Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts directly from Facebook. This article describes how to go live from Facebook.
- For more information about creating and managing broadcasts in Wowza ClearCaster Manager see Create and manage Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts in universal mode or Create a Wowza ClearCaster broadcast in Facebook mode.
- The Facebook user interface changes frequently. For the latest information, see Facebook's documentation on how to Go Live or schedule a Live broadcast post.
- If a broadcast is created directly in Facebook (facebook.com/live/create), some fields can't be edited in Wowza ClearCaster Manager.
- If you'd like to configure redundancy for a broadcast created directly in Facebook (facebook.com/live/create), your Facebook account must have special permissions. Contact Wowza Support for assistance.
Video tutorial: Go Live from Facebook
Create and publish a broadcast from Facebook
- Go to facebook.com/live/create.
- Click Create Live Stream.
- On the Post tab, choose where you want the broadcast to appear: your Timeline, a Group, an Event, or a Page you manage.
If you chose to post the live stream to your Timeline, you can choose the audience: Public, Friends, Friends Except, Specific Friends, Only Me, or Custom.
- Select the option to use a Paired Encoder.
Then on the Settings tab, in the Paired Encoders list, select the ClearCaster that you'll use to deliver the live stream.
After you select the ClearCaster in the Paired Encoders list, you can preview the video in the Talent View monitor connected to the ClearCaster or on the Facebook Live webpage. It may take a few seconds before the preview video is created.
- When you're ready, click Go Live to start the live stream.
After you Go Live, you can verify the broadcast connection status on the ClearCaster front panel or monitor the broadcast statistics and status in Wowza ClearCaster Manager.
- After the live event is finished, finish the live stream.
- Your viewers can send comments, emojis, and reactions during the broadcast. You can view this information in the Talent View monitor connected to the ClearCaster but you can only respond to your viewers from the Facebook Live streaming broadcast page.
- For details about the statistics that are available during the broadcast, see Monitor Wowza ClearCaster live stream health in Facebook mode.
- Manage your Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts in Facebook mode
- End a Wowza ClearCaster broadcast in Facebook mode
- Adjust the Wowza ClearCaster broadcast audio level in Facebook mode
- Configure the aspect ratio of Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts in Facebook mode
- Stream Wowza ClearCaster high-motion video in Facebook mode