This article describes how to view and change the audio gain of your Wowza ClearCaster™ live video stream.
On your Wowza ClearCaster Admin webpage
- Sign in to the Admin webpage at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account, and then click the Settings icon next to the name of the ClearCaster device.
- To increase or decrease the audio gain for your broadcast, adjust the Audio Level slider control from its current value, and then click OK.
On your Wowza ClearCaster device
- On your Wowza ClearCaster device, use the LCD menu button controls to navigate to the Stream Menu.
- From the Stream Menu, select Audio Levels. If you're live streaming, you can view the current audio levels for the stereo channels in the LCD.
- To increase or decrease the audio gain for the broadcast, select Adjust level and then press the LCD menu Up button to increase the gain or the LCD menu Down button to decrease the gain. Press the LCD menu Accept button (✓) to apply the change.
Note: You can adjust the audio level in decibels (dB) from -12db to +12db from the existing audio level. The single control adjusts the level for both of the stereo channels at the same time. To further optimize the audio settings and levels, or to mute the audio, refer to the documentation for your device that's providing the video input to the ClearCaster.
Discuss this article in the Wowza ClearCaster forum.