This article describes how to properly restart your Wowza ClearCaster™ device for Facebook Live streaming. Use the following procedures to ensure that the device shuts down properly before it starts.
On your Wowza ClearCaster Admin webpage
- Sign in to the Admin webpage at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account.
- Click the Settings icon for your ClearCaster.
- At the bottom of the Settings window, click Restart.
On your Wowza ClearCaster device
- Use the LCD menu button controls to navigate to the Settings Menu.
- From the Settings Menu, select About ClearCaster > Restart.
- Select Yes, restart now.
- Restarting the ClearCaster will temporarily disconnect any live stream that it's delivering to Facebook Live.
- If the ClearCaster pairing mode is set to unpair the device from its associated Facebook account whenever it's restarted, a new Device Pairing code will be displayed in the LCD. Follow the instructions in Pair Wowza ClearCaster with your Facebook account to pair the device with a Facebook account.
Discuss this article in the Wowza ClearCaster forum.