By default, your Wowza ClearCaster™ device monitors the SDI and HDMI input ports and captures the video input from connected devices such as cameras and encoders. Use the following procedure to customize how the ClearCaster detects and captures streaming video input when you connect video sources to both input ports.
Note: You must finish the live stream before you can change video capture settings.
On your Wowza ClearCaster Admin webpage
- Sign in to the Wowza ClearCaster Admin webpage at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account, and then click the Settings icon next to the name of the ClearCaster device.
- Select a Capture Setting option, and then click OK.
On your Wowza ClearCaster device
- Use the LCD menu button controls to navigate to the Settings Menu.
- From the Settings Menu, select ClearCaster Settings > Capture Settings.
- Use the Up and Down LCD menu buttons to select SDI to configure the ClearCaster to monitor only the SDI video input port or HDMI to configure the ClearCaster to monitor only the HDMI video input port. Press the LCD menu Accept button (✓) to apply the change.
Note: To configure the ClearCaster to monitor both video input ports, select Auto (the default setting). The ClearCaster will automatically capture video from a video source that you connect to either of the input ports. If you connect video sources to both input ports at the same time, the ClearCaster will capture video from the SDI video source first. If you disconnect the SDI video source, it will then switch to capture video from the HDMI video source.
Discuss this article in the Wowza ClearCaster forum.