By default in Facebook mode, the Wowza ClearCaster™ appliance encodes and delivers a full HD H.264 video/AAC audio live stream with a video frame rate of 30 frames per second (a 1080p30 stream). Video with 30 frames per second (fps) is suitable for most situations; however, if you want to view video that has a lot of action, video with more frames every second can help to capture all the fast detail with less motion blur. Wowza ClearCaster has a High Motion Output feature that enables it to ingest 1080p60 source video and pass it through unaltered to Facebook. Use one of the following procedures to set up this feature in Facebook mode to deliver high-motion video streams from your ClearCaster appliance to Facebook.
Note: You can also use ClearCaster in universal mode to broadcast to Facebook Live using a frame rate of 60 fps. See Create and manage Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts in universal mode for more information.
- Make sure that the ClearCaster appliance is turned on and that it isn't delivering a live stream to Facebook Live. (No broadcasts can be live when you enable delivery of high-motion video.)
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at fb.clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account.
- Click Settings next to the name of the ClearCaster.
- In the Settings dialog, under High Motion Output, select the Broadcast 60 frames per second option, and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions in Create a Wowza ClearCaster Live Stream for Facebook Live to deliver your Wowza ClearCaster broadcast, with this setting applied, from your Facebook Timeline, Group, or Page that you manage.