This article describes how to change the aspect ratio of the Wowza ClearCaster™ broadcast to Facebook Live. The default behavior is to match the source's aspect ratio, but sometimes you may want to alter the aspect ratio. For example, videos with a 1:1 aspect ratio (square video) work well across many types of displays, especially mobile devices. You can change the default behavior for your ClearCaster as well as specifying an aspect ratio for an individual broadcast. This article describes three methods for changing the broadcast aspect ratio.
Configure the device-level aspect ratio for your ClearCaster broadcasts
Note: The device-level aspect ratio can't be altered during a live broadcast. You must finish the broadcast first.
With Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- Make sure that the ClearCaster device is turned on and that it isn't delivering a live stream to Facebook Live. (No broadcasts can be live when changing the video aspect ratio.)
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager with your Wowza account, and then click Settings next to the name of the ClearCaster device you want to configure.
- In the Settings dialog, under Output Aspect Ratio, select Match Input Source (default), Square (1:1) (good for mobile), Standard (4:3), or Vertical Crop (9:16) and then click OK.
On your Wowza ClearCaster device
- Use the LCD menu button controls to navigate to the Settings Menu.
- From the Settings Menu, select ClearCaster Settings > Output Aspect Ratio.
- Use the Up and Down LCD menu buttons to select Match Input Source (default), Square (1:1), Standard (4:3), or Vertical. If you select Vertical, you'll then need to select Vertical Crop (9:16), Vertical Rotate Right (9:16), or Vertical Rotate Left (9:16).
- Follow the instructions in Create a Wowza ClearCaster Live Stream for Facebook Live to deliver a Wowza ClearCaster live video stream, with this setting applied, from your Facebook Timeline, Group, Event, or Page that you manage.
Configure the aspect ratio for a single ClearCaster broadcast
Note: The aspect ratio for an individual broadcast can only be configured at the point of creating the broadcast. The aspect ratio can't be edited after the broadcast is created. For more information, see Create a Wowza ClearCaster broadcast for Facebook Live.
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager with your Wowza account.
- Click the Broadcasts tab, and then click Create Broadcast.
- Under Output Aspect Ratio, select the aspect ratio you want to use for your broadcast: Match Input Source (default), Square (1:1), Standard (4:3), Vertical Crop (9:16), Vertical Rotate Right (9:16), or Vertical Rotate Left (9:16).