You can configure application properties in Wowza Streaming Engine™ Manager or by editing [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml. If you make changes to Application.xml and you're using Wowza Streaming Engine media server software, any supported settings are displayed in the manager the next time it's started. Wowza Media Server™ software doesn't support Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, so you must edit Application.xml in a text editor if you're running Media Server software.
Wowza Streaming Engine Manager configuration
To manage unaligned video packets in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager:
- In the manager Welcome page, click the Applications tab at the top of the page.
- In the Applications contents panel, click the name of your live application (such as live).
- On the live application page Properties tab, click RTP Jitter Buffer in the Quick Links bar.
- Click Edit in the RTP Jitter Buffer properties area, select the Enabled check box next to mpegtsVideoIsAligned and ensure the property is set to False.
- Click Save, and then restart the application when prompted to apply the changes.
To manage unaligned video packets in Application.xml:
- Use a text editor to open the [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml file for your live application and add the following property to the RTP/Properties container. Be sure to add the properties to the correct <Properties> container in Application.xml as there are several such containers in the file.
Wowza Streaming Engine
<Property> <Name>mpegtsVideoIsAligned</Name> <Value>false</Value> <Type>Boolean</Type> </Property>
<Property> <Name>videoIsAligned</Name> <Value>false</Value> <Type>Boolean</Type> </Property>
- Restart the Wowza media server software to apply the changes.
Updated: For Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 on 12-04-2014.
If you're having problems or want to discuss this article, post in our forum.