Configure I-slice keyframe interpretation in Wowza Streaming Engine

By default, I-slices are treated as keyframes by Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software. If you don't want I-slices to be treated as keyframes, disable the behavior by changing the isISliceKey property for the Wowza Streaming Engine live application.

You can configure the property in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager or by editing [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml. If you make changes to Application.xml, supported settings appear in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager the next time it's started.

Configure isISliceKey property in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager

1. Click the Applications tab at the top of the page.
  2. In the Applications contents panel, click the name of your live application.
  3. On the live application page Properties tab, click Custom in the Quick Links bar.

Note: Access to the Properties tab is limited to administrators with advanced permissions. For more information, see Manage credentials.
  4. In the Custom area, click Edit.

5. Click Add Custom Property, specify the following settings in the Add Custom Property dialog box, and then click Add:

• Path - Select /Root/Application/Streams.

• Name - Enter isISliceKey.

• Type - Select Boolean.

• Value - Enter false.
  6. Click Save, and then restart the application to apply the changes.

Configure isISliceKey property in Application.xml

1. Use a text editor to open the [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml file for your live application and add the following property to the Streams/Properties container. Be sure to add the properties to the correct <Properties> container in Application.xml as there are several in the file.
    <Property>
        <Name>isISliceKey</Name>
        <Value>false</Value>
        <Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>
  2. Restart Wowza Streaming Engine.