Wowza Community

IP Camera Live Streaming Problem

Hello, I’d like to publish Pelco sarix IXE20DN model IP Camera streams using Wowza Server to see using Adobe flash player.I did all the steps explained to publish live video stream. However, when I open a browser to test, it doesn’t display the video and doesn’t generate any error on the screen. I also tried to see using VLC player but couldn’t display either. I checked that Wowza Server is running and it does publish the live stream, but I couldn’t display the live video stream anywhere.

When I tried to publish a video on demand, I was able to display it on the browser and on the VLC player.

I’ll be grateful if you could help me to publish live video stream because we have more than 400 IP Cameras which we intend to publish on the web. Thank you in advance.

Follow this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

Richard

Hello, I’d like to publish Pelco sarix IXE20DN model IP Camera streams using Wowza Server to see using Adobe flash player.I did all the steps explained to publish live video stream. However, when I open a browser to test, it doesn’t display the video and doesn’t generate any error on the screen. I also tried to see using VLC player but couldn’t display either. I checked that Wowza Server is running and it does publish the live stream, but I couldn’t display the live video stream anywhere.

When I tried to publish a video on demand, I was able to display it on the browser and on the VLC player.

I’ll be grateful if you could help me to publish live video stream because we have more than 400 IP Cameras which we intend to publish on the web. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I have more or less the same problem as you seem to have had. I am using a Pelco Sarix IXE20DN and I’m trying to restream it for a flash application. I have been succesful in streaming an axis camera within my application using the “camera1.stream” name as alias for rtsp://axis-ip/axis-media/media.amp. But whenever I’m changing the rtsp address to rtspaddress of the Pelco camera (rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1) i’m getting no image in my liveVideoViewer.

On the server side it seams that the stream is continously starting up and closing down with the following error messages:

RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]: start: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1]: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: SETUP: rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1/track1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.buildSDPData: sessionId:null sessionTimeout:0

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1]: 0:true

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[rtplive/definst]: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Success, received SDP data.

INFO stream create - -

INFO stream publish camera1.stream -

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]: done: 1

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.streamTimeout[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]: timeout:12000 diff:12500 reason:101

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.resetConnection[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]:

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.closeRTPSession[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]

INFO stream unpublish camera1.stream -

INFO stream destroy camera1.stream -

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]: start: 2

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1]: 1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.processResponse: SETUP: rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1/track1

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.buildSDPData: sessionId:null sessionTimeout:0

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose

INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://192.168.0.121/stream1]: 0:true

INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[rtplive/definst]: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Success, received SDP data.

INFO stream create - -

INFO stream publish camera1.stream -

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[9992755:rtplive/definst:camera1.stream]: done: 2

I have tried to set some additional properties in the application.xml, as was explained in the troubleshouting guide:

rtspValidationFrequency

Integer

and

rtspFilterUnknownTracks

true

Boolean

But nothing seem to work. I still get the same error and no video.

I’m sure the rtsp stream works, I got images via VLC and the application seems to be correct, because when I change the camera1.stream into an url for an axis cam I instantly get my video in the flash application.

I’m out of options what could be done for it. Anybody have an idea what I could do?

The camera brochure say it has h.264 and mjpeg. Make sure you are using h.264, not mjpeg.

Did you start stream with StreamManager?

Richard

After starting the stream in StreamManager, use the Wowza example LiveVideoStreaming player:

Server: rtmp://[wowza-address]:1935/rtplive

Stream: rtsp://10.6.13.34/stream1

Richard

If you can put this camera on a public IP, then send the URL to support@wowza.com.

Include a reference to this thread.

I know the Axis cameras that include built-in h.264 support work very well with Wowza. You might consider getting one of those.

Richard

Do you have the direct url of the H.264 video feed off the camera?? I played hell with trying to get my AXIS camera to work… Then adding the second was a night mare… once I got it figured out, setting up the 4th and 5th were no problems.

Hi Richard, I have already followed all those steps but it didn’t work…Do you have other ideas? Thanks…

Hi guys, thank you very much for your help. I checked the settings of the IP camera and its compression standard is H.264 and I already started streaming using StreamManager and it says “Publish stream sucessfully started [rtplive/definst]:flv.rtsp://10.6.13.34/stream1”. However, it really doesn’t display anything. When I try to display the camera using VLC player entering its URL (rtsp://10.6.13.34/stream1) , I can display it. I tried all kind of parameter combination to make Wowza run, but it was worthless. I’ll be happy if you could suggest any other ideas. Thanks…

Hi Richard, I tried it but it didn’t work either :frowning:

Hi Richard, I also tried to display a live video stream with Wowza server whose rtsp URL I found on the internet. The same problem occured again. Although I could display the stream with VLC, I couldn’t display it with Wowza server. I’ll appreciate if you could help me because if we succeed to publish rtsp live video stream, we plan to use Wowza server for our traffic cameras live stream publishing in Istanbul/Turkey.

Thank you very much for your kind help, my colleague will make it available for your access and I’ll let you know.

Any problem I’ve had with my Pelco products was resolved by their tech guys on their community page: http://buildingscommunityhome.schneider-electric.com/Signin.aspx - you have to create a login but its worth a shot if your still having issue. Good luck!