Wowza Community

123 Flash Chat & Wowza.

Hi,

We’ve installed a 123 flash chat demo version.since it wont support 750 concurrent users,we like to integrate wowza with 123 flash chat.please tell what can we provide in the admin panel of 123 flash chat in order to use wowza.

Thank you.

I don’t have different info than what I said on support. You have to follow their guide.

Richard

Hi,

We’ve installed a 123 flash chat demo version.since it wont support 750 concurrent users,we like to integrate wowza with 123 flash chat.please tell what can we provide in the admin panel of 123 flash chat in order to use wowza.

Thank you.

Let me show you how to configure wowza to 123flashchat

Example: WowzaMediaServer-2.1.2

First, install Wowza Media Server

chmod +x WowzaMediaServer-2.1.2.tar.bin

./WowzaMediaServer-2.1.2.tar.bin

The default installation folder: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/

**Start:**cd /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/bin

./startup.sh

Make sure the ports are opened:

TCP 1935 RTMP Port

TCP 8086 HTTP Port

If connected successfully, please access to

http://[ip-address]:1935/

Your browser will return the similar information

Wowza Media Server 2 Developer 2.1.2 build24878

Secondly, configuration.

1. Open folder: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/applications/

Create a new file, named live (this is an example, you can have any name)

1. Open folder: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/

Create a file the same name with the above, so it is live.

1. Copy: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/Application.xml

To: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/live/

And then edit the file: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/live/Application.xml

Find:

Edit: live

Find:

Edit: cupertinostreamingpacketizer,smoothstreamingpacketizer

Find:

Edit: none

Find:

Edit: none

And save.

1. Open folder: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/

Create a new file: clientaccesspolicy.xml

Copy the following text in the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

And save.

Use your browser to access http://[ip-address]:1935/clientaccesspolicy.xml.

Make sure the xml file can be opened.

1. Disable the default FMS (red5) in the fcserver.xml

Please configure rtmp in the chat admin panel -> Module Settings -> Flash Media Server Address:

rtmp://[ip-address]:1935/live

Save!

You can have a try, it’s ok now!

Hi,

Thank you.

Wow 750 concurrent users? That’s amazing soumya. We are also using 123flashchat. Well, right now we don’t have 750 concurrent users but our users are loving it. :slight_smile: Soumya, could you share some of your tricks which you used to promote your chat rooms? Because I am using 123flashchat, I am sure that every member visiting my website will love it. I just have to make them visit my website somehow.

And for 750 concurrent users, I think you definitely need wowza or adobe fms. There is some “Flash Media Server Address” thing in the admin panel. Maybe you’d do something in there. And if you don’t figure it out, then the best thing would be to open a ticket with 123flashchat support staff. I’ve found them very helpful and fast. They are surely going to help you out.

123Flashchat is amazing and I’d recommend every one looking for a chat script to at least try them once.

Thanks 123chat. Questions, comments:

Why use the LiveStreamPacketizers? Is 123Chat integrated with iOS (cupertino) or Silverlight (smooth) clients?

Is there an RTSP aspect? You modify /RTP /Authentication /PlayMethod and /PublishMethod

The /conf/clientaccesspolicty.xml file exists and is identical.

Richard

Thanks 123chat. Questions, comments:

Why use the LiveStreamPacketizers? Is 123Chat integrated with iOS (cupertino) or Silverlight (smooth) clients?

Is there an RTSP aspect? You modify /RTP /Authentication /PlayMethod and /PublishMethod

The /conf/clientaccesspolicty.xml file exists and is identical.

Richard

Sorry for reply so late. The above integration is out of date, and I will list the latest wowza integration of 123 Flash Chat.

, and , now we don’t use them.

And wowza surely supports RTSP.

Configure Wowza Media Server 2 for 123FlashChat

This quick tutorial explains how to launch the whiteboard and video chat functions in 123FlashChat with Wowza media server 2.

Install and Configure Wowza Media Server 2

There is no Wowza Media Server 2 yet in the current 123flashchat installation package, so please download it here:

http://www.wowza.com/store.html

1. Create an Application

To use Wowza Media Server 2, you may begin with creating an application. Add an application simply by creating a sub folder in the [install-dir]/applications folder.

For example, to create a new application named 123flashchat, just create a folder:

[install-dir]/applications/123flashchat

2. Default Config File

The application is now ready for the simple video on demand streaming. It will use the default config file in the [install-dir]/conf folder:

[install-dir]/conf/Application.xml (The default config file)

3. Unique Config File

To give an application its own Application.xml instead of the default one, just create a sub folder with the same name of the application in the [install-dir]/conf folder and copy the default config file into the new folder.

[install-dir]/conf/123flashchat/Application.xml (Config file for 123flashchat)

In which [install-dir] indicates the folder in which Wowza Media Server was installed, however, the installation folder differs based on platform:

• Windows: C:\Program Files\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server [version]

• Mac OSX: /Library/WowzaMediaServer

• Linux/Unix: /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer

You can refer to https://www.wowza.com/docs/quick-start-guides and http://www.wowza.com/resources/WowzaMediaServer_UsersGuide.pdf for more details.

4. Launch the Whiteboard Module

(Skip 4 if the whiteboard function is not needed.)

Download the file FCWhiteBoardModule.jar, add it into the folder [install-dir]/lib/.

And I can upload the jar file here, if you need you can PM me to send you the file. Or send email to july@topcmm.com with title Needed FCWhiteBoardModule.jar.

5. Change Config to Support 123FlashChat

To enable video chat function, please open file [install-dir]/conf/123flashchat/Application.xml,

Find node

Edit to

live

To enable whiteboard, find Modules node, and add the following module sub node

whiteboard

Whiteboard

com.topcmm.flashchat.server.plugin.wowza.WhiteBoardModule

Eg, the final format is as follows.

whiteboard

Whiteboard

com.topcmm.flashchat.server.plugin.wowza.WhiteBoardModule

6. Restart Server

Restart the Wowza Media Server 2 to make the changes effective.

Installation Service

We offer installation service of Wowza Media Server 2 for 123FlashChat, on condition that you will provide the SSH account (for Unix/Linux server) or the remote control account (for Windows server). And we guarantee to make backup copies before we start, you can also change the password when we are done.

Service fee: $100, for Wowza Media Server 2 installation and integration with 123FlashChat.

Disclaimer

Please be aware that we can only install Wowza Media Server 2 instead of maintaining it. Because Wowza Media Server 2 is not our product and we didn’t develop it at the first place.

Thank you for understanding.

Configure 123FlashChat Video Module:

1. The trial edition of 123FlashChat is bound with a video module already, but not the full edition,

if latter case, please make sure you have already purchased the video module ($299) .

Otherwise buy it here: http://www.123flashchat.com/order/buy_module.php

1. Log in to the 123FlashChat Admin Panel using an admin account.

2. Module Settings-> Flash Media Server Address, configure URI to:

rtmp://[your_wowza_server_IP]:1935/123flashchat

(Replace [your_wowza_server_ip] to the real IP) and save.

1. Module Settings-> Audio/Video Module, check the option:

Enable video and Enable audio, save.

Please don’t hesitate to ask further questions!

Just drop an email to support@123flashchat.com and we’ll help you!

About Wowza Media Server 2

Wowza Media Server 2 is the proven, unified, industrial strength media server for live and on-demand video/audio streaming, video/audio/text chat, recording and more. It takes your H.264 content to any screen - the desktop, mobile and the living room - to all popular media platforms:

• Adobe® Flash®

• Apple® iOS: iPhone®, iPad™, and iPod® touch

• Microsoft® Silverlight®

• Apple QuickTime™

• Android™, Blackberry® and other 3GPP platforms

• Set-top boxes and more…

After spending $1300.00 on 123flashchat and being frustrated to TEARS by them for the past six months, I am finding that the quality of the A/V is terrible. After telling me that red5 would work just fine, they now tell me that I really should be using wowza or FMS. In the past 6 months, I have only ever gotten to use this software in testing because we’ve never gotten it to work well enough that anyone wants to use it.

Now 123flashchat support folks are telling me I should change the media server so am trying wowza. However, the instructions in this thread along with what I have followed (http://www.123flashchat.com/docs/v92/Wowza-Media-Server) do not seem to complete the transition from red5 to wowza.

What is most frustrating is that the idiots at 123flashchat don’t have proper documentation on going about this process and want yet another $100.00 from me after putting me through hell since buying from them.

The reason I do not think this is working is because after making the changes, 123flashchat still appears to be working, on it’s own since it continues to function even after I have disabled wowza.

Does anyone here run flashchat and know what might be missing in order to complete these changes or test to see if wowza is in fact serving up fc.

Thanks.

123 Flash Chat Software, which can be enhanced by wowza as a video server plugin, has more and more features now in its video chat. You can see more here.

Well, I guess I’m lucky than your guys.

I got their chat software last year, here is my chat room so far: http://www.radiokladionica.com/index.php/component/chat/?view=chat&room=1

And they help me a lot, their support team or their livehelp sales team. So my chat running good, the website traffic growing with each passing day.

So I like them, like their chat software. Whatever, as my experience and honesty to say, you can have a try.