Wowza Community

HTML5 Streaming to android

Hello,

I have an html5 audio/video web-app that is intended for use on tablet devices. I’ve got it working very well on ipad, but I can’t get it to stream to an android device. In the metadata it returns the length of the video as only being 1 second. I am assuming that this is because android does not support cupertino streaming. My question is what is the correct application configurations for streaming to an android tablet using HTML5. Also what is the proper syntax for the html source element on an android device.

Thanks

You can use RTSP in most or all Androids, or you can use Flash application and do RTMP or Sanjose (Flash HTTP) streaming.

Richard

Yes, RTSP out works for vod.

rtsp://[wowza-address]:1935/vod/sample.mp4

Wowza Cupertino for iOS uses HTML5 video tag, but that is the only association with Wowza. Works in iOS browser:

<html>
<head> 
  <title>Cupertino Streaming</title>
</head>
<body>
<video controls src="http://[wowza-address]:1935/vod/sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8">
</video>
</body>
</html>

Richard

That’s right. Just Cupertino streaming to iOS devices. Use RTSP for Android… Or on Android 2.2+ you can do Flash RTMP or Flash HTTP (Sanjose)

Richard

Thanks for your reply. I have 2 follow up questions.

1. In your tutorials, rtsp streams are used with live feed. My app is vod app. Does RTSP work with VOD applications?

2. Since you suggested this as a solution to my problem i am assuming that this can work with html5 video. What should i set as teh video tags src attribute?

Flash is not an option

I just want to make sure i understand this. Wowza does not have support for streaming to an html5 video tag on an android device, correct?