Thread: Problem with Expression encoder generated ISM -> systemBitrate versus system-bitrate

Default Problem with Expression encoder generated ISM -> systemBitrate versus system-bitrate

I have been playing a bit with Wowza v2 and v3 to explore it's possibilities of streaming ao Silverlight Smooth Streaming.
    With v2 I was able to stream out of the box with the Expression Encoder generated ism file, but the same fileset failed to play on Wowza v3. After some debugging, the problem appearantly lies with the property systemBitrate of the video element. Microsoft Expression encoder writes systemBitrate as propertyname, whilst Wowza v3 is expecting system-bitrate. So it fails to parse the video element and doesn't find any streams.

After checking the SMIL recommendation it appears that the hyphenated form is SMIL 1.0 and has been depecrated in SMIL 3.0 in favor of camelCase conventions.

Is there a way to make v3 behave like v2 and honour the camelCase convention through configuration or software update?

Thanks!

We were supposed to support both but there is a small problem with the parser. I will fix this in a patch that should be out soon.

Charlie

This patch should fix it:

WowzaMediaServer3.0.0-patch2.zip

Charlie

@Charlie
    Thanks for the quick response and fix! I'll install the patch tomorrow and keep you updated of my findings.

@Charlie
    Just tried the patch and it works like a charm!

I still had one small modification to make to my Expression Encoder generated ism, namely to add mp4: to the IRI's in the src attributes. Otherwise I would get the following error:
    ERROR server comment - MediaReaderFactory.getInstance: Missing definition for flvsmooth
    Is there anyway to avoid the need to add this 'mp4:' in the ism file?

Hi
    Yes you have to prefix the mp4:[file].mp4
    You could write a module to add the prefix for you but that's up to you.

Jason