Thread: New Streaming Solution Setup Help

Question New Streaming Solution Setup Help

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and am totally new to streaming so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong area. I am needing to stream company meetings live over the internet to approximately 500 employees center wide in high quality and in multiple formats. Wowza seems like the best solution, but I need help understanding the workflow structure and what other pieces of equipment I need besides Wowza. For instance, if I'm not mistaken does the typical feed go from camera to hardware encoder from hardware encoder to media server from media server to web server and then finally from web server to customer? Do I need both a media server and web server?

For my media server can I use a virtual machine?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I want make sure I purchase the right pieces of
    equipment.

If anyone knows of any good articles for newbie's to streaming I'd greatly appreciate the info.

Thank you for your time.

Start with Quickstart Guide, then take a look at various tutorials. This is a great flat view of everything:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....f-All-Articles

Richard