Wowza Community

DVR Chunk Target Duration / Chunk Limit

Hello, we try to streaming a 720p video, but I want to change the Chunk Target Duration, now each chunk has 3 seconds per chunk, and Apple likes to use 10 seconds per chunk, so how can I change it to be 10 seconds per chunk ?

Our streaming have problems after almost 1h:30min, and I think if we increase the chunk duration the server will be less busy, because it is creating chunks in every three seconds.

Also can we have a limit for the creation of the chunks? Example, I want the DVR function just record 1h, so if I have the chunks in 10 seconds each, it will have only 360 chunks.

Thanks in Advanced.

Hello, we try to streaming a 720p video, but I want to change the Chunk Target Duration, now each chunk has 3 seconds per chunk, and Apple likes to use 10 seconds per chunk, so how can I change it to be 10 seconds per chunk ?

Our streaming have problems after almost 1h:30min, and I think if we increase the chunk duration the server will be less busy, because it is creating chunks in every three seconds.

Also can we have a limit for the creation of the chunks? Example, I want the DVR function just record 1h, so if I have the chunks in 10 seconds each, it will have only 360 chunks.

Thanks in Advanced.

nDVR streams the chunks in the sizes of your input GOPs. There is currently no setting to control the size of the chunk sent to the players, although it is on our long-term plan. Really the only thing you can do is to change the size of the key frame of your incoming stream.

nDVR supports a sliding window. See WindowDuration in the tutorial to set up nDVR: https://www.wowza.com/docs/wowza-ndvr