Wowza Community

RTSP TCP Only

Hello!

Is it posiable to configure Wowza Media Server to answer to DESCRIBE request from RTSP client with RTP/AVP/TCP capatibilities only? not a RTP/AVP?

This will instruct RTSP client to use TCP (RTSP interleaved mode) from the start, to avoid initial UDP fail if RTSP client is behind NAT.

You can force RTSP/TCP by adding the forceInterleaved Property to /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /MediaCaster /Properties.

Actually, forceInterleaved doesn’t affect playback of RTSP. It is for re-streaming from a MediaCaster source over TCP instead of UDP

Richard

I change Mediacaster at my /conf/live/Application.xml to

<MediaCaster>
<!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/MediaCasters.xml for any MediaCasters loaded by this applications -->
<Properties>
       <Property>
             <Name>forceInterleaved</Name>
              <Value>true</Value>
              <Type>Boolean</Type>
       </Property>
</Properties>
</MediaCaster>

ad restart WMS.

But WMS still answer just RTP/AVP to DESCRIBE rtsp request and player try RTP/AVP/UDP and only afrter this type of RTSP fail player try to get stream by RTP/AVP/TCP

I use

Wowza Media Server 3 Monthly Edition 3.0.2 build866

If WMS with forceInterleaved will answer to RTSP DESCRIBE request with RTP/AVP/TCP - this will be real ‘FORCE’, because this option tell

to RTSP playback to use TCP.

As I know RTP/AVP - inform RTSP playback that UDP and TCP can be uses as a transport. And UDP is a preffer.