Thread: Encoder pushing rtp stream

Default Encoder pushing rtp stream

Hello
    I have been trying to use an encoder to push a rtp stream into Wowza but I'm receiving the error below ~every 3 seconds:
    PacketizerMPEGTS.handleRTPPacket: Out of sync: 0x80
    I Found a post that stated to try a different AV sync method, I tried all 3 types and still received the same error.

My setup works fine with another encoder manufacturer pushing an rtp stream into Wowza.

I was hoping there was a configurable item I could change to fix the error above or is it something the encoder is doing wrong when it creates the rtp stream.

Thanks
    Austin

I am also having this exact problem, I think I'm missing something very basic though.
    The encoder I'm trying is the Epiphan VGA2WIFI frame grabber, which can an RTP stream supposedly using MPEG-4 or h.264 codecs, no mention of MPEG-TS. It also has the option of sending the audio and video streams to different ports, and the option to do "h.264 slicing". (Complete noob here in case you were wondering.)

Should I expect to see an option to encode/send MPEG-TS, and consider the device incompatible if not? Also, are there other RTP depacketizers available aside from MPEG-TS? I've followed the instructions here http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?37 , and I can include my Application.xml if that helps.

Thanks much!

Use h.264.

Don't use h.264 slicing

It doesn't sound like mpegts encoder. Does it generate an SDP file? If so, follow this guide:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-with-SDP-file)

Richard