Thread: Adobe Flash Media Server Unspecified Command Execution and "Edge Process" DOS

Default Adobe Flash Media Server Unspecified Command Execution and "Edge Process" DOS

A vendor we use for penetration testing is saying that my wowza bozes with both 1935 and 8086 ports are showing and accessible to this vulenrability:
    Adobe Flash Media Server Unspecified Command Execution and "Edge Process" Denial of Service

As we all know I am not running FMS, but not sure if you have seen that wowza is vulnerale to this. I called it out as a Falso Positive but they insist that they are able to exploit this vilnerability using their tools.

Anyone seen this or have an idea on how I can answer them or correct it, if in case it is there?

Thanks

You would know if they were able to exploit the vulnerability if your server was DOSed. Is this the case?

I have not heard any reports of DOSing. As it is, you do not have a Flash Media Server listening on those ports, so like you, I would think "false positive."

This is probably one of the specific security alerts that results from Wowza using FMS userAgent. Recent version/patch of Wowza has updated the userAgent to recent FMS version so this does not come up. But it was never an actual vulnerability, just confusion with FMS

Richard