Thread: SWF will not recognize a stream beginning with a seek param

Default SWF will not recognize a stream beginning with a seek param

I was able to get Wowza's provided test player to start the stream 5 minutes from the Start. All though the seek bar on the SWF's side was starting at 0 and thus was not working properly, but the video was playing from the designated spot to play from.

When creating my own SWF video player, once I try to do this whole process no video shows even though server-side wowza appears to be sending the stream.

There are no errors server-side. It is difficult to determine what is going on inside the swf differently from wowza's test video player. Do you have any suggestions on how to trouble shoot the swf so it works like the one provided by Wowza?

Tim

You need to work with the Flash source, the actionscript in the FLA files that can be edited with Flash CS editing tool, or there are Flex examples which also compile to swf files but use text files. Either way, it is beyond the scope of this forum.

Richard

Just to clarify, getting started with Flash CS or Flex is beyond the scope of this forum and Wowza support, but once you are ramped up, working with Flash players that connect to and stream from Wowza is in scope.

Richard
    Last edited by rrlanham; 11-01-2011 at 04:31 AM.