Thread: Wowza killed on Debian

Default Wowza killed on Debian

Hi,

I've been running WMS in Windows for quite a while, and i've decided to migrate it to Linux (in my case, a Debian running on a virtual machine). I didn't have any installation problems, however, when i start Wowza it runs for aproximately 5 min and then it gets killed (it's always the same time).

I went through the logs and there aren't any errors.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Germán

Germán,

What do you mean killed? If you are playing the Wowza sample.mp4 in SimpleVideoStreaming for 5 minutes, it stops working? What happens in the logs in that test?

Richard

Are you running in stand-alone mode (/bin/startup.sh) in a ssh console? Maybe the client is timing out. Run was as a service instead

Richard

Richard:

Thanks for the quick response.

I figured it out... i wasn't giving the VM enough memory, so the kernel killed WMS when it reached a dangerous amount of memory used.

I do have another question, but it is completely off-topic and it doesn't belong to this forum. However, i'll ask it anyway :P

I'm trying out the smooth streaming mechanism, and i wanted to know if there's anyway of knowing which stream (i.e., which 'version' of the video file) WMS is sending?

Sorry for posting the question here.

Thanks,

Germán

P.S.: I'm using the latest build of WMS 3

The Wowza Silverlight example players show this in simple display, and one of the Expression 4 templates shows bandwidth and which item in graphs. It's not really logged in Wowza at present and there are no accessible hooks in the API to look at switching in more detail.

Richard