Thread: Wowza nDVR Playlist Request API

Default Wowza nDVR Playlist Request API

I have tried the example provided in this article (http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....st-Request-API)

It doesn't seem to have any effect. I have tried with the latest prod build (3.0.3 build882) and latest dev build (3.0.3.01 build885).

I could not find the 3.0.3.02 in the dev builds.

Please point me to the correct build with which Playlist Request API would work.

Quote Originally Posted by divyabhargov View Post
    I have tried the example provided in this article (http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....st-Request-API)

It doesn't seem to have any effect. I have tried with the latest prod build (3.0.3 build882) and latest dev build (3.0.3.01 build885).

I could not find the 3.0.3.02 in the dev builds.

Please point me to the correct build with which Playlist Request API would work.
    Grab it here: http://www.wowza.com/downloads/Wowza...0.3-patch2.zip
    Sorry about that.

Thanks Scott.

I am using the default "DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate". The player shows from the start time as expected on Apple and SilverLight, but not on the OSMF Player. I am using the OSMF player that has been provided with Wowza under /examples/LiveDvrStreaming.

Is there a patch to that ?

It looks like the patch you are using did not include the updated OSMF DVR example, which contained changes so the URL params get passed through the HTML and into the player.

It will be in a patch later today, and I will update this with the link once its ready.

Here's the patch:
    http://www.wowza.com/downloads/Wowza...0.3-patch3.zip

Besides the lib/ bin/ changes, note there are changes to the DVR example-- both the html and the swf file (which is now OSMF 1.6)

Thanks Scott. It works fine with the latest patch

Default Playlist Request API not starting where I tell it to do it

Hi there .... I applied the last patch (I'm using 3.0.3.03 build915)
    I'm trying to use the default playlist request delegate function
    It doesn't matter what value I set for "wowzadvrplayliststart", it always starts at time 0
    The duration of playlist it returns is OK, but I can't make it start at any point that's not the beginning of the recording

Is there any other patch for it? or am I doing something wrong?

Only thing I did was to add
    <Properties>
    <Property>
    <Name>dvrPlaylistRequestDelegate</Name>
    <Value>com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate</Value>
    </Property>
    </Properties>

to Application/DVR/Properties

Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by tavius View Post
    Hi there .... I applied the last patch (I'm using 3.0.3.03 build915)
    I'm trying to use the default playlist request delegate function
    It doesn't matter what value I set for "wowzadvrplayliststart", it always starts at time 0
    The duration of playlist it returns is OK, but I can't make it start at any point that's not the beginning of the recording

Is there any other patch for it? or am I doing something wrong?

Only thing I did was to add
    <Properties>
    <Property>
    <Name>dvrPlaylistRequestDelegate</Name>
    <Value>com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate</Value>
    </Property>
    </Properties>

to Application/DVR/Properties

Thanks for any help
    What player are you using?
    How are specifying the URL?

If you are having problems with the OSMF player, make sure you get the latest we ship with the examples/LiveDvrStreaming. The html in the example has a fix to ensure URL params get passed from the example through to the server.

The Value "DvrStartDurationPlay listRequestDelegate" has a space in it. I'm guessing that is an artifact of our forums and that you have the property without a space.

Scott

Hi Scott ... thanks for the prompt response
    I'm using IOS and IOS simulator. (i.e. http://172.16.32.19:1935/dvr/live1/p...iststart=35000

the space in my posting for the Request Delegate value was actually a typo in the forum. I have it correct in the configuration

I have restarted everything from scratch now, and it seems to be working now. I guess before I stopped the encoding a couple of times, but certainly not during the timeline I was trying to playback (I had a window of 6 hours of recording kept, and I stopped the stream after 4 hours, and started it back after 20 mins)
    I was always playing around with initial segments of the recording, and couldn't get it to work.
    As I said, I'm starting again, and so far, it looks OK

Thanks for the help. I'll post back if I find same issue again.