Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Cacti?

Lightbulb No Cacti?

Were you planning on implementing Cacti with this AMI?

It's not in the current AMIs

Richard

We have decided to drop support for Cacti in the pre-built AMI's. it was too much work to maintain for what seemed like modest utility.

Charlie

I hate to hear that it was too much work to maintain. I absolutely loved it and so did my clients. They really enjoyed seeing graphically how many people are tuning into our live presentation. This is unfortunate.

i miss it too!

Yes, me too. Not only for the functionality, but I also used the webspace to store other php files, which I needed to execute on the ec2 instance. I have no idea where to do that now

CACTI is, unfortunately, a deal-breaker for me as well. I build out dozens of EC2/Wowza instances for various churches and they've grown to love CACTI... so we'll just stick with 2.X, which works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    We have decided to drop support for Cacti in the pre-built AMI's. it was too much work to maintain for what seemed like modest utility.

Charlie
    Could your write up a how-to install cacti for Wowza3 please? It is really really useful

Your best bet is to follow the instructions on the Cacti site:

http://www.cacti.net/

We do not have specific installation instructions for the new AMI base we are using.

Charlie

Default Just need some wowza-related info

Dear Charlie,

You right when said that visiting cacti.net we can deploy a monitoring system and that's waht I have done. Now I can monitor server params but we need some tech-info to complete a Application or Stream monitoring.

Please could you share with us some data template or give us more info about data sources used in cacti? Or which parameters o files do we have to change in wowza?

Regards,

PD: Question from a customer that runs Wowza servers V2 (in stand alone - not amazon)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast