Thread: iRandomAccessReader never calls read

Default iRandomAccessReader never calls read

I am trying the HttpRandomAccessReader example and see the URL get opened, and then eventually get closed. I don't see the read function in the interface ever get called however. Any idea why it would open the URL and never call the read function? Is there something else that needs to be done?

Also, init and open seemed to get called twice.
    Last edited by mstate1981; 11-05-2011 at 07:36 PM.

We would need more details to help. What is the URL the file you are trying to play? What rtmp url and stream name are you using. Is Wowza calculating the correct http URL for remoted retreival of the file.

Charlie

The url I am using is a local url to a proxy server that redirects to another site. It is redirecting to http://www.yo-yo.org/mp4/yu.mp4. I did get it to stream but only audio - no video. I am still seeing the open twice and the close twice. Is that normal? Any idea why I would only see audio?

Because the video is MPEG 4 and not H.264. The file needs to be transcoded to H.264 video. Try the same thing with [install-dir]/content/sample.mp4 and it should work.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. I had tried sample.mp4 and it works - I didn't realize I had selected a non H.264 test stream for my test. Used a different one and it works great now. Thanks again!!