Thread: Question about shoutcast restreaming

Default Question about shoutcast restreaming

Hi,

I'm following this guide http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....UTcast-Icecast to restream a shoutcast stream.
    Everything is ok, but I've a doubt.

I'm using this configuration on application.xml:

<StreamType>shoutcast</StreamType>
    and
    <LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketizer,smoothstreamingpacketizer,sanjosestreamingpacket izer</LiveStreamPacketizers>

In this way, the first rtmp client starts the restreaming but I'm still able to stream to Apple and rtsp compatible devices.
    In the tutorial is written to use streamtype shoutcast and empty value on <LiveStreamPacketizers></LiveStreamPacketizers>.
    I'm doing something wrong or is a good configuration what I'm using?

Sorry for my question, I need a confirm that I'm not doing something that can cause a problem to the server.
    Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

Luca

Hi
    It looks all correct to me,
    In this way, the first rtmp client starts the restreaming but I'm still able to stream to Apple and rtsp compatible devices.
    Did you NOT want to stream to Apple and rtsp compatible devices?

Jason

Hi Jason,

it's exactly what i want to do, I want to restream a shoutcast stream to rtmp, rtsp, apple ...
    I had a doubt about the possibility to set <StreamType>shoutcast</StreamType> and at the same time <LiveStreamPacketizers>cupertinostreamingpacketize r,smoothstreamingpacketizer,sanjosestreamingpacket izer</LiveStreamPacketizers>

Probably it is only my misunderstanting reading the tutorial, I was thiinking that if I set SHOUTCAST I have to set an empty <LiveStreamPacketizers>.
    Thanks for your answer.

Luca

Luca,

You can set StreamType to "shoutcast", but for iOS playback it is better to make the StreamType "live", then use StreamManager to start the stream with MediaCaster type "shoutcast".

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....UTcast-Icecast

AAC audio is preferable. If it is MP3, it should be stereo, 4100Hz, 128kbs for iOS 4 and lower devices.

Richard

Thank you Richard.

Now I'll look how to start the streams automatically, I want to be sure that the streams will start at the boot time.
    I've to use StartupStreams.xml.
    Could it be right in this way?

<StartupStream>
    <Application>RadioLuca/_definst_</Application>
    <MediaCasterType>shoutcast</MediaCasterType>
    <StreamName>RadioLuca.stream</StreamName>
    </StartupStream>

Luca
    Last edited by Luca066; 11-08-2011 at 03:02 PM.