Thread: DVR playback stop after 5-10 minutes of pausing

Default DVR playback stop after 5-10 minutes of pausing

I am playing back video using the dvr application. The live video has already completed when I am testing this (I'm not sure if it matters). Everything works fine with scrubbing the video.

When I pause the video for 5-10 minutes and click resume it errors out and indicates the connection cannot be made.

In the wowza access log, it shows the stream stopped (user paused the video). Then one minute later "app-stop" occurs and then another 4 minutes later two things happen. The first is "DvrStreamManagerBase.removeStreamStore" and the second is "MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer". When the user clicks play in the player it gives the error and in the logs it says "HTTPStreamerAdapterSanJoseStreamer.onMediaFile: Application context not loaded".

How do I prevent or delay the dvr application from removing the Stream Store and Live Stream Packetizer?

Wowza Access Log : http://wowsa.s3.amazonaws.com/dvrlog.txt

Thanks

I noticed it takes about 260-265 seconds before the stream is destroyed (removeStreamStore and removeLIveStreamPacketizer). I'm not sure if this matters.

Here is the line in the log:
    Destroy live stream packetizer: dvrstreamingpacketizer
    Last edited by wowsawowsa; 11-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.

You can change the /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /ApplicationTimeout to "0" so that it doesn't time out.

Richard

I tried that and it prevents the app from stopping (app-stop), but it doesn't prevent the streams from being destroyed.

Since you opened a ticket we will respond to that, but would appreciate it if you would do one or the other not both, it's the same crew

Richard