Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knowing where gaps in your dvr file are (due to stopped and started streams)

Default knowing where gaps in your dvr file are (due to stopped and started streams)

If a stream isn't on constantly, then there are gaps in the dvr stream that could be avoided by skipping over them.

Right now, the stream start is the first second ever recorded of this stream, and the end of the stream is live. If you happen to skip to a part that doesn't exist, the feed back in the example client is not informative.

Is there a way to access this information so that I can handle it on the client side (at first I am thinking of just greying out those portions of the slide bar if possible)?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by michael401 View Post
    If a stream isn't on constantly, then there are gaps in the dvr stream that could be avoided by skipping over them.

Right now, the stream start is the first second ever recorded of this stream, and the end of the stream is live. If you happen to skip to a part that doesn't exist, the feed back in the example client is not informative.

Is there a way to access this information so that I can handle it on the client side (at first I am thinking of just greying out those portions of the slide bar if possible)?

Thanks,
    Sorry I know of no way to do this.

So there is no entry in the api to query what the state of the dvr stream files are?

So there is no entry in the api to query what the state of the dvr stream files are?
    DVR compresses any gaps so there are no gaps when the stream is sent to the players. Most of the player protocols do not allow for missing gaps/discontinuities.

It makes sense that the dvr plugin does not store blank files for when the stream was not on. But it would also make sense to be able to query whether a specific time span has dvr'd video associated.

Currently the client player has a scroll bar that spans from the first second ever recorded to live. Within that time span can be time spans that have no video, and there is no feedback, it just says "buffering..." (in the example anyway).

For the nDVR module to be useful, there needs to be some access to the nDVR file structure either through a java module that i write or/and via an http api.

It makes sense that the dvr plugin does not store blank files for when the stream was not on. But it would also make sense to be able to query whether a specific time span has dvr'd video associated.

Currently the client player has a scroll bar that spans from the first second ever recorded to live. Within that time span can be time spans that have no video, and there is no feedback, it just says "buffering..." (in the example anyway).

For the nDVR module to be useful, there needs to be some access to the nDVR file structure either through a java module that i write or/and via an http api.
    My understanding is that you originally wanted to query this information from the client side.

There is an API on the server side, although its currently a bit rough.
    You could use the DVR start and stop recording HTTP Provider as an example http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-Recording-API of how to interface an HTTP provider with DVR.

You will want to get the IDvrStreamManager like that example does.
    From there I think u could use getDefaultStreamingStore to get the IDvrStreamStore. This is the store currently playing.
    From here you can get the DVR manifest IDvrManifest using getManifest()
    From there, use GetChannelManifest(IDvrManifest.TIME_MAP_TYPE) to get the time map manifest. This provides a mapping between dvr time, packet time and real time. Anytime there is a discontinuity, a new record is stored in here.
    There are many different .get* methods available to query these records, but there shouldn't be many of them.
    You could also use getChannelManifest(8) to get all audio records or getChannelMap(9) to get all video records and walk these.

Scott

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
    You're welcome. Be aware you're in pioneer territory here!

One other thing, you mentioned that the recordings as recorded are "Buffering..." in the player. Is that true? What player?

The JWplayer...I think. It was a while ago that I played with the dvr stream.

I managed to generate a manifest list in a httpProvider, but ran into a small kink.

I haven't figured out how to access all streams that might have dvr content, regardless of if the stream is currently active.

How would I generate a list of all manifests of all streams?

Here is a snippet of my current code. As you can see, only active streams returned.

MediaStreamMap streams = appInstance.getStreams();
    List<IMediaStream> streamlist = streams.getStreams();

/*build list of dvrRecorders for all streams*/
    for(IMediaStream tempstream:streamlist)
    {
    ILiveStreamDvrRecorder dvrRecorder = tempstream.getDvrRecorder(IDvrConstants.DVR_DEFAULT_RECORDER_ID);
    /*get time map manifest*/
    IDvrStreamManager dvrstreamManager = dvrRecorder.getDvrManager();
    IDvrStreamStore streamstore = dvrstreamManager.getDefaultStreamingStore();

IDvrManifest manifest = streamstore.getManifest();

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast