Thread: Live streaming to iPhone - has this changed from Wowza 2 to Wowza 3?

Default Live streaming to iPhone - has this changed from Wowza 2 to Wowza 3?

Live Streaming from wirecast to iPhone/iPad through Wowza (3) and EC2

Previously, I was able to connect to Apple iOS with http://[ec2-ip-address]/live/myStream/playlist.m3u8

Streaming was done via rtmp, using the baseline profile. I was able to view the stream in flash and Apple iOS devices without fail.

With the new AMI's released with Wowza 3, this does not seem to work. I get the (generic) error message "This movie could not be played."

Has anyone else had success streaming to Apple iOS devices with the new Wowza 3 on EC2?

Yes, there are 1000s of servers running Wowza 3 streaming to iOS clients

Richard

4. Default

Working fine for me for both iOS and Roku

5. Default

I didn't have to change a thing. All of my configs and modules worked exactly as they did when I was using the WMS 2 AMI.

Are RTMP and/or RTSP working for you?
    Last edited by jay_charles; 11-11-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Ok, I'll have to go back and replicate all the same steps. I'll make sure everything works with a WS2 AMI - then simply switch it out with a WS3 AMI and see what I get. Thanks.

7. Default

Also, which AMI's are you using? In my case, I'm using the devpay AMI's and not installing a license.

Thanks Jay - problem solved. When I checked the latest AMI page on the Wowza site - I grabbed an AMI from the DevPay Licensing table. I had to go one table further up to find the License Key AMI. I became confused by this. Wow, go ME
    You must have Wowza installed on your own server. I am using the EC2 license.
    On another note - if you feel like answering - what do you use to measure stream connections in real time? Cacti has been dropped. I'm in the process of evaluating various analytic tools, but just need something simple to verify connection numbers.
    Thanks in advance for everything.
    Last edited by dave_n; 01-15-2013 at 02:31 PM.

You can use connection counts HTTPProvider. You can either edit /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/admin.password and add a username and password or edit /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/VHost.xml and change the HTTPProvider/AuthenticationMethod to the none for the HTTPConnectionCountsXML HTTPProvider (you will need to re-start Wowza Server if doing it this way). Then you can access connection counts at:

http://[wowza-ip-address]:8086/connectioncounts

Be sure TCP port 8086 is open in your security groups.

Charlie