Wowza Community

[TCS] Tandberg emulation

Hello there,

Is there any way to emulate Tandberg Content System? I need to test integration TCS with WMS. Has anyone did some stuff like this? I was using cvlc to emulate live streaming but it does already transcoding. I want to try new feature (transcoder addon) in wowza3.

Any hints really appreciated, greetings

Greg

Hi

I think that Tandberg gives out an MPEG2 stream and I’m not sure if you can simulate an MPEG2 stream so no I don’t think you can.

Jason

Here are a couple you can. You will have to adapt from these Mac examples if you are on Windows:

MPEG2 - RTP

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC "/Users/user/Desktop/trailersiphone2_combo.mov" \--sout="#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,fps=24,vb=900,keyint=48,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=192.168.1.22,port-video=9000,port-audio=9002,sdp=file:///Users/user/mp2v.sdp}"

MPEG2 - TS

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC "/Users/user/Desktop/trailersiphone2_combo.mov" \--sout="#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,fps=24,vb=900,keyint=48,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.22,port=1234,sdp=file:///Users/user/mp2v-ts.sdp}"

Richard

Some encoders do rtp sdp announce. And some encoders publish rtmp stream and you can give the stream a name a .sdp extension that doesn’t have any meaning but is no problem.

If your encoder does rtp streaming with sdp announce the sdp file is pushed to Wowza. In that case you will put rtmp url and stream name in the encoder, and you will see a publish event in Wowza logs (or console if you are running Wowza in stand-alone mode) when the stream is started. And you can see the sdp file in the logs if you add the following property to /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /MediaCaster /Properties container:

<Property>
 <Name>debugRTSPSession</Name>
 <Value>true</Value>
 <Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>

Richard

Greg,

VLC can make sdp files:

vlc -vvv /path/to/file/Extremists.m4v --sout "#transcode{venc=x264,vcodec=x264,vb=500,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=32,channels=2,samplerate=22100}:rtp{dst=SERVER-IP-ADDRESS,sdp=file:///path/to/wowza/content/myStream.sdp}"

VLC can output MPEG2: http://wiki.videolan.org/MPEG#TS.2C_MPEG2_Transport_Stream

See the Quickstart Guide for a list of the codecs you can send to Wowza to be transcoded.

If you can mention exactly how Tandberg encodes then maybe someone can offer the correct VLC command. I assume MPEG4 part 2 video, and MPEG1 layer 2 audio?

What about vlc? I think I can make a stream from webcam as mpeg2 (working on it :)), but vlc makes a physical sdp file. I don’t really know how it is done by tandberg. I know it uploads (publish?) an sdp files in WMS content dir but they don’t physically exist. How can I simulate that behavior?

Greg

Thanks for replay but vlc commands are not the problem. The problem are the sdp files. Vlc makes a pretty file and i can make a symbolic link to it etc. I don’t really know how sdp files act from tandberg. When I was trying to make symbolic links I couldn’t do that and don’t remeber why exactly. Can someone explain me how does tandberg treat those files what are published? How it works that this file physically dosen’t exists but streams works fine?