Thread: Get full URL in iRandomAccessReader

Default Get full URL in iRandomAccessReader

Hi,

I am using iRandomAccessReader for customizing the reading of content and need to be able to get the full URL as it was entered in the player. The mediaName passed in is only a segment of that full URL and cuts off any of the URL after the stream name. For example, I have a URL like rtsp://myserver.com:1935/vod/r22/abc/secure/mp4:test.mp4?a=123456789&r=test1234567 which I put into the Open URL of QuickTime Player. The mediaName in iRandomAccessReader shows as /abc/secure/test.mp4, but I need the entire URL including the part after the stream name. Any suggestions on how to retrieve that while in the iRandomAccessReader interface?

Thanks!

I have decided to access the data above in an onRTPSessionCreate or onHTTPSessionCreate. As a result, I need to pass a special parameter from the onRTPSessionCreate to the init on an iRandomAccessReader interface. What is the best way to accomplish that?

Is this even possible? Just want to set a parameter in onRTSPCreateSession that can be read in the init of iRandomAccessReader. Any suggestions would be welcome because I'm stumped on the best way to achieve this or even if it is doable. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I don't think it is all in one piece anywhere, but all the parts should be there.

Richard

Okay, thanks Richard, but any suggestions beyond that on where to even start? I figure it must be possible but I have found nowhere that I can set up something in an onRTSPSessionCreate that would then be accessible in the iRandomAccessReader init function. Figure there may be some way of passing parameters that I'm just missing, but perhaps not.

Actually, according to better sources, there might not be a good way to do this from RTSP. There is an IMediaStream interface passed through this process, but not sure if you always get it.

Richard

Eh. I was afraid that may end up being the case. Thanks for checking into it for me though!!

You should be able to pass variables through the IMediaStream object that is passed to the random access reader.

Charlie

Charlie, thanks - I'll try that.

Another question - if I call rtpSession.rejectSession() in onRtpSessionCreate, the iRandomAccessReader still gets called - is that normal? Shouldn't it abort the session and not try to read the stream?
    Last edited by mstate1981; 11-14-2011 at 11:28 PM.