Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transcoder and handling of interrupting live stream

Default Transcoder and handling of interrupting live stream

I am using the latest version of JWPlayer on the website and W owza 3 with the Transcoder on the backend. I am using the latest version of wirecast to transmit.

I am using the live stream plugin of JWplayer which polls the server to keep trying to play...

So here is the problem... when I use the non transcoded .sdp file in the player everything works fine. When I stop wirecast broadcasting, it will stop the broadcast, the JWPlayer will enter into the IDLE state sand the plugin picks up on that and visually shows the screen that its waiting for the live broadcast.

When I use one of the transcoded streams in the player, when I stop broadcasting from wirecast, JWPlayer never leaves BUFFERING, when it should go into IDLE. The video player appears as if its 'playing' at that point, however its frame is frozen. If I resume the wirecast, the broadcast resumes...

It is as if transcoded streams aren't ever reporting they are not available to JWPLAYer, or they are doing so incorrectly or in a different manner than the normal vanilla .sdp stream...

any thoughts?

We'll take a look.

Thanks for the report,
    Richard

Actually, I understand that this was fixed in recent patch:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....lopment-Builds

Richard

I tried the latest patch from one of the threads here, and it is still happening... which item is it on the patch fix list? I'd like to be able to better describe it.

What version of Wowza are you running now?

Richard

Wowza 3.0.3 patch 5

Logs show Wowza Media Server 3.0.3.05 build 933

i can arrange a demonstration... if someone would like to join me in a web meeting I can set that up...

I can just look at the difference in NetStream notifications.

Richard

How can I get those to you? If you tell me the logs you need or how to collect them I will try... Here is a video of the problem and the difference between the transcoded file vs standard .sdp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISgUn...ature=youtu.be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast