Wowza Community

Is it possible to delete files with open streams on Linux?

I am unable to delete files on my Windows Wowza server if they are currently being streamed. I believe this is because Windows locks any files that are in use. If I switch this Wowza server to a Linux machine, will I able to easily delete files with open streams? I wanted to ask the community before dropping the cash on a new server.

Thanks!

This seems to be a java implementation problem on windows, we have had other complaints. Try java 7, see if that helps.

Richard

This is an operating system issue. I’m not prepared to give any such assurance. You should test.

Richard

Interesting. I set this server up with a Wowza provider, so I’m not sure if I can manage a Java upgrade. My preference is to run on Linux anyway, since all of our apps are hosted on Linux servers. I just wanted to make doubly sure that I would be able to delete on Linux before I pay the costs of setting up another instance. From all of my research, it sounds like modifying and deleting files with open streams won’t be a problem with Wowza on Linux.