Wowza Community

MediaStreamMap.addLicense exception

I am using Wowza3.0.3 on windows7.

The server boots up normally and it correctly prints my licence number in the beginning

2011-11-16 17:04:18 EET comment server INFO 200 - Server License Key: SVRB3-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-vBf44

However when i try to start a stream i get

2011-11-16 17:05:46 EET comment server INFO 200 - MediaStreamMap.addLicense[new]: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "8ݢ - - - 87.82 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2011-11-16 17:05:46 EET comment server WARN 200 - Licensing[vms/definst/3-Camera3.vmsx]: *** Hit license limit for publishing streams. Publishing stream is stopped. *** - - - 87.821 -

I have rechecked the licence file, I have only a single developer licence.

The licence number is printed in the first line and there is also a new line at the end.

I removed the newline and retried with the same result.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Özgür

Özgür,

It’s a license limitation of the developer license.

Richard

Ozgur,

It is 1 stream in and up to 9 out in the developer edition

http://www.wowza.com/developer.html

Richard

Maybe it is not plain text?

If you haven’t got this, zip up conf and logs and send them to support@wowza.com with a link to this thread for reference

Richard

Richard,

Do you mean that i cant even start a single live stream with the developer license?

I thought the limit was 10 live streams.

Ozgur

Dear Richard,

This is not a developer license issue.

In our company we also have monthly subscriber license.

I tried with that license and the result is the same.

I was expecting this since in my previous post i have sent the error

"MediaStreamMap.addLicense[new]: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “8ݢ - - - 87.82”

This seems to indicate that somehow wowza is not able to read the license file.

Someone suggested that this might be a 64 bit JVM issue.

I have a 64 bit JVM. Developers in our company who have 32 bit JVM are not running into

this problem.

Regards,

Özgür

Unfortunately switching to 32 bit JVM or changing the file encoding to UTF-8 did not work.

I still get the

MediaStreamMap.addLicense[new]: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “B7Ä°1H”

error.

This really looks like an encoding problem. But I am out of ideas.

Please Help.

Özgür

Hi Özgür,

That’s a good tip about the 32-bit. I have a feeling it’s a file encoding issue with your server.license file. I see that the input string is about half the number of bytes as the Wowza license. Possibly, you’re using UTF-16 instead of the default UTF-8 (in debian). Check your locale, and ensure that you’re using the same file encoding as the working systems.