Wowza Community

Radio Re-streaming

Good day!

I am a bit struggling fathoming how to re-streaming an ordinary radio online – LIVE STREAMING!

I know how to stream audio from a microphone; the thing is radio stations are operating already and am intending to create a product that will add internet streaming to their usual streaming without tempering with the current processes. The system, should thus be an add-on and not a replacement. My challenge is that input will be from the microphone which will be committed or used by another program, and other input like their advertisement will be coming from recorded audio on their machines, I need to know how to stream the two [recorded audio and mic input] live.

Please advice how it is done, there are some companies in my country that are doing it and are not sharing information to prevent “process stealing” from potential competitors.

Any advice and/or pointers will be higly appreciated.

Take a look at this example of the Stream class streams, which produce a live stream with static and/or live stream sources.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-switch-streams-using-stream-class-streams

Richard

I’m not sure. Adobe Audition looks like a tool for working with static media (vod) files, so I don’t think it will stream live to Wowza like FMLE. To re-stream it has to be publish live stream to a rtsp or udp address. It doesn’t look like that kind of application, but I’m not sure

Richard

Thank you very much for the reply!

My greatest concern is that the guys I want to work with already are using a system to broadcast, some use Adobe Audition though most I do not know which software they are using. Is it possible to re-stream what is playing on their computer maybe?