Wowza Community

WebM Streaming

Hi I came across this Wowza streaming WebM demo a few months ago:

http://www.wowza.com/_demo/webm/html5.html

I was under the impression that this would be part of Wowza 3, but I don’t see it on the feature list.

Is WebM Streaming still coming to Wowza? If so is there any idea of when we could expect this feature?

Thanks,

Paul

No, it has not been released. We are still considering when we will officially add support for webm.

Charlie

Jake,

Still not supported

Richard

I haven’t heard anything new.

Richard

Gili,

It is still slated for future release but I do not have a time frame.

Richard

Sorry, but there is still no time frame.

Richard

It is still a future feature, probably, but no timeframe. It has not been a supported feature in the past, so it wasn’t dropped.

Richard

So is webm supported then? Been a few months since that last post and I’m having some difficulty streaming it.

Jake

Are there plans to support webm anytime soon? A client asking for timelines and all…

Thanks,

Jake

Any news about it?

Hi

Not that I’m aware of.

Jason

Richard,

Six months have passed. According to http://technews.tmcnet.com/channels/ip-media-server/articles/137030-wowza-media-server-wows-em.htm you have WebM support lying around. Why don’t you release it?

Thanks,

Gili

Hi guys,

It looks like this feature has been dropped, is this because it does not work as well as rtmp over flash?

Or that browsers don’t handle it well?

Hello! When will be included this feature?

Hi Guys,

I searched in Wowza Docs but couldn’t find support to WebM. There’s an increasing need to stream to HTML5 players and it must be compatible with all browsers, without plugins. Dash seems to be a great solution to this problem, Chrome and Internet Explorer executes HTML5 players and Dash without problems, but Opera and Firefox just accepts WebM and not MP4, as far as I know. Is there a timeframe on Wowza’s side to support WebM? Or, without Flash and Silverlight Fallback, do we have another alternative?

Hello there.

Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1 is now available:

Here are the release notes

You can download it here:

Downloads

And you can get a free trial license here

Thank you.

Salvadore

Erik, take a look at this guide. This functionality is still in "preview’ status:

How to transcode live streams using WebM

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Salvadore

When Wowza Streaming Engine will be released ?

Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1 is now available:

Here are the release notes

No mentioning of WebM. So that’s still not supported?

We are now at version 4.3, no mentioning of WebM, when can we expect it? There is more and more demand for HTML5 players.

Kind regards, Erik