Thread: DVR manifest from all dvr'd content

Default DVR manifest from all dvr'd content

From the server side API, I would like to query the manifests of all content that exists in the dvr storage.

So: Assuming that an application instance is running and there is dvr'd content in the dvr storage directory, but no streams are attached to the instance (nobody is watching anything) - How would you gather the manifests of that dvr content.

I asked about it in a previous thread, but I think that now that I have a clearer idea of what I need to find out and a more direct question, this question warrants a new thread.
    Once I have the information I need, and am able to produce working code, I will post!

The current implementation loads each DVR-ed stream as it is requested. At that point you can query it.

I think you want to know everything that is available before it is requested and loaded.

So what you want is not available.
    Last edited by ScottKell; 11-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Looks like a bit of your reply got cut off. But I think I know where you are going with this.

So I could instantiate the dvr streams so that I had access to their manifests. This would be acceptable because this interface i am building would be used internally (not client facing) so I could make sure not to over burden the system.

The question gets modified slightly then:

If I have an app instance and want to start a dvr'd stream (not the actual live stream from end-node video encoder, I avoid talking to my video sources whenever I can because its over a cellular link), to then grab the manifest how would I do that? Can you give me an example code snippet of doing that?
    I tried doing that myself today, but without success.

p.s. By dvr'd stream i mean wowzaserver/appname/streamname?DVR

Quote Originally Posted by michael401 View Post
    Looks like a bit of your reply got cut off. But I think I know where you are going with this.

So I could instantiate the dvr streams so that I had access to their manifests. This would be acceptable because this interface i am building would be used internally (not client facing) so I could make sure not to over burden the system.

The question gets modified slightly then:

If I have an app instance and want to start a dvr'd stream (not the actual live stream from end-node video encoder, I avoid talking to my video sources whenever I can because its over a cellular link), to then grab the manifest how would I do that? Can you give me an example code snippet of doing that?
    I tried doing that myself today, but without success.

p.s. By dvr'd stream i mean wowzaserver/appname/streamname?DVR
    Answered here: http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...1908#post81908