Wowza Community

ACTI TCM-1231 - Selecting from 2 available Streams...

Howdy…

I have a set of ACTI TCM-1231 cameras that are currently configured with two streams. Steam 0 is MPEG4, and Steam 1 is MJPEG.

I’m trying to follow the RSTP How-To docs ( https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming ) but continually get a “Stream not found” Error (“Failed to play Webcam.stream; stream not found.” When I use the Live.html example.). When I view the camera via VLC it’s showing me both steams at the same time, so I’m guessing that Wowza doesn’t know do to with two streams.

The URL I’m using is:

rtsp://[user]:[pass]@10.110.10.170:7070

Do I need to differentiate within the URL between the two streams?

P.S. I’m planning on bouncing this stream through one Wowza server (Private) to another (public). Should I be using RSTP?

The brochure says it has selectable h.264, mpeg4, mjpeg.

You want h.264. It is usually some form of the URL, but you have to consult the camera manual.

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Bullet_Camera/TCM-1231

Richard

mpeg4 part 10 = h.264, and is supported. MPEG4 Part 2 is not supported, except for decode by the Wowza 3 Transcoder. But that camera has h.264, so should work without transcoding. You just need to find out the correct url for h.264 output.

It might just be rtsp://[camera-address]

Richard

I thought that mpeg4 is supported by wowza (and mjpeg is not). I’m trying to get the IT department to convert to h.264 - but if they don’t - how do I hook into the mpeg4 stream via rstp?

They’ve configured two streams (mpeg4 and mjpeg) for each camera already,

OK - The camera supports H.264 / MPEG-4 SP / MJPEG…and is currently setup for dual streaming MPEG-4 and MJPEG. This is picked up already by an internal detection system (I was told these cameras were going to be web only, oh well) so I might be stuck with what’s there.

So h.264 is the big brother of MPEG-4 SP, and I thought Wowza supported both without an additional encoder.

And while I’m checking on the URL:Port for just one of the dual streams - are there options with Wowza if the RSTP port (7070) is dual streaming?

OK - here’s the correct URL for picking one of the two streams when in dual mode.

rtsp://[user]:[password]@[camera ip]:7070/track1

The interesting thing is if you change the URL to track2, you get both streams, just like if you left off the parameter.

I’ve got the “stream not found” error to go away, and the access / error logs look better, but when I attempt to view the stream via /examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.htm (after starting it with the stream manager) I just get a blank screen.

No errors - and the access log shows it’s “chunking”.

OK - reading comprehension 101: You said that MPEG4-Part 2 (or MPEG4-SP, same thing?) is not supported with out the Wowza Transcoder; which I misread as MJPEG. So my “blank” display makes sense.

Time to dig into https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-and-run-wowza-transcoder-for-live-streaming