Wowza Community

RTMP FLV streaming from FFMPEG to Wowza with low frame rate

Hello All,

I am trying to send a stream from FFMPEG to WOWZA with very low fps( 3 frames per second). The Wowza is able to receive the stream correctly but the problem is when I try to play the stream, the out put is not consistent. It is taking very long time to play the stream (I tried with live stream play application) and then some times it is playing faster and some times it get freeze. I checked at both FFMPEG end and Wowza end to see if it is a network issue(I am streaming in LAN), but Wowza able to receive the stream in correct Interval (I printed PTS and DTS at Wowza).

Then I recorded the stream into an FLV and played it in VLC and it worked well.

If I change the fps from 3 to 15 then the live playing is working fine.

I am not quite sure what is the issue. Can any one have Idea about this problem ?

Thanks In Advance

Hello,

You could post your ffmpeg command so others can take a look at it.

Have you set your keyframe interval accordingly? For a keyframe interval of 2-4 seconds at 3fps you need to set it between 6-12 frames per keyframe.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually I am not using direct FFMPEG command line but using static library on iOS. I am also not using x264. I am using iOS h264 encoder api and feeding the encoded frames into FFMPEG.

I set the key frames interval as 1 which means every frame is a key frame.

Tried with key frame 10 but no luck :frowning:

I just tried with RTSP play from VLC and it worked. It seems Input RTMP -> WOWZA -> Out put RTMP with low FPS is not working but Input RTMP -> WOWZA -> Out put RTSP is working fine.

But we really need RTMP output to be work. any thoughts ?

That means a keyframe every .3 seconds, but the recommended is every 2-4 seconds.

Try with a multiple of your fps. So: 6, 9 12.

Ok - we solved the delay in the RTMP h.264 stream in the flash player by setting the bufferTime of the NetStream to zero

_ns.bufferTime = 0.1