Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Chat issue on 2nd computer

Question Video Chat issue on 2nd computer

I am running wowza on my macbook pro (ip address 192.168.1.69 locally).

I bring up the videochat example html page and enter rtmp://192.168.1.69/videochat and connect successfully. My web cam starts and I see the video. I enter computer1 under it and click publish.

Now I go to my older macbook (which as access to my mbp) and open the same html file and enter the same rtmp address and click connect. It connects fine, asks me if I want to allow access to "local". I click allow but my cam does not start (I verified that it does in fact work so it's not a cam problem). I can enter computer1 in the 2nd window and click play and see the video from computer1.

Any ideas why my cam isn't starting on the 2nd computer?

Thanks

Update:
    Found that I needed to change the camera input on computer 2 and that allowed it to come up.

However, I have a new problem. I'm publishing the video from both computer 1 and computer 2, BUT I can only play the other stream on 1 computer.
    If I click play on computer 1 for computer 2's video it comes up. But if I then go to computer 2 and click play on computer 1's video nothing happens (other than tremendous audio feedback since they're only 4 feet apart).

They have to connect to the same instance of Wowza. It will be localhost if the client is running on same computer, but it change to IP address otherwise

Richard
    Last edited by rrlanham; 12-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.

They also have to publish different stream names. And each computer will play the stream published by the other computer.

They are both connecting to the same instance of wowza and both stream names are different (computer1 and computer2 per the tutorial).

Wowza is running on my macbook pro at ip address 192.168.1.69 on my local network. Used rtmp://192.168.1.69/videochat to connect from both computers.
    Thought I made that clear in my initial post.

I can only see video from the first stream that is published. So if I publish computer1 stream first I can see it on computer2 but I can't see computer2's stream on computer1.

I have no idea what the problem might be.
    Thanks

To help debug, try running Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode so you can see log output as you test

Ricard

Jeez, just looked at the log, hadn't thought of that.
    WARN server comment - Licensing[videochat/_definst_/]: *** Hit license limit for publishing streams. Publishing stream is stopped. ***

I'm using the developer edition.... guess that would explain it, though I don't see anything in the licensing that limits # of streams.
    Last edited by andywinn; 12-08-2011 at 02:31 PM.

The limit of 1 IN stream in the developer license means I can't really even fully see the video chat example. IMO that limit should be bumped to 2 so that I can actually see it in action and develop a similar app and test it to know if it will work for us.
    Thanks

Upgraded license. Everything works now.

Andy,

Allow me to preface this by saying I am a serious n00b. I've been trying to use wowza now for 2 hours...

To make this work, did you have to install the software example(s) (including Wowza) on both computers? I'm trying to make the video demo work, but I thought that it would work with wowza acting as the server, and the code to display the chat would be available to both of my computers from the wowza server - is this not the case? For the example, do both computers A and B need to the videochat software copied to them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast