Thread: Help with setup on demand vod

Default Help with setup on demand vod

hello I would like to know how I can configure my server to deliver mp4 file extention to work on the ideal demand, which is why I ask your help to guide me how to configure and where I have to upload these videos if connection is possible via ftp so thanks for the help

VOD tutorial is here:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....on-demand-file

Uploading content to your server is something you have to manage, there is nothing built-in to Wowza.

Richard

ok thanks but I have the next question, I created a directory called trailers in the directory you want to address to view content from a mobile but I do not play a url that income is:

rtsp: / / [Wowza-address]: 1935/vod/mp4: trailers/Gato-con-Botas-HD.mp4

which will be the problem?

Hi inforsepulveda,

That should work. Edit: you need _definst_ when playing files in nested directories with RTSP/HTTP.

Try putting the file directly in your content directory and playing with:
    rtsp://[Wowza-address]:1935/vod/mp4:Gato-con-Botas-HD.mp4
    You should see some INFO lines in your Wowza console output when you play the file. If not, it is probably a firewall issue. Try turning off your firewall.
    Last edited by randall; 12-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.

clear is fairly rare, if I put the sample.mp4 if it works but another name for it is not uncommon .. besides there is no firewall on that server

Hi
    In the Application.xml what is the StorageDir set to?, should look like this:
    <StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>

All the content you wish to play through this application should be at [Wowza-install]/content in this example.

If you wanted a sub directory within the content directory called trailers you would have:
    <StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content/trailers</StorageDir>

All the content you wish to play through this application should be at [Wowza-install]/content/trailers in this example.

The Application.xml will direct this vod application to look in the directory [Wowza-install]/content/trailers making the URL:
    rtsp://[Wowza-address]:1935/vod/mp4:Gato-con-Botas-HD.mp4

Jason

When content is in a subfolder you need to use application instance (_definst_) in the rtsp url:

rtsp://[wowza-address]: 1935/vod/_definst_/mp4:trailers/Gato-con-Botas-HD.mp4
    Richard