Wowza Community

Live stream multicast synchronization

I’ve got the following setup:

FME --(RTMP)–> Wowza --(RTMP|RTSP|HTTPLive)–> Clients

That is, Wowza is consuming a live RTMP stream and multiple clients are consuming the multicast in either RTMP, RTSP or HTTP Live.

It’s all working fine, but the HTTP Live stream takes significantly longer to transcode and introduces a 15-20 second offset between it and the other two formats.

Is there any way to configure Wowza to synchronize the output streams to be as close as possible to each other at the expense of all streams being less ‘live’ then necessary? In my situation the various format streams being in sync is more important then them being as quick as possible.

Hi

Yes this can be done, you would have to write a custom module or have someone else write it for you.

If you are going to write this by yourself then be sure that everything else works works after you have applied the module.

If you can’t do this yourself then you can ask for a independent list of consultants from Support@wowza.com

Be sure to get more than one quote to get the best price.

Jason

I don’t think this can be done.

fyi, you are not doing “multicast” streaming. You are streaming to multiple client types, but each stream is a unicast stream.

Richard

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any pointers on where I can go to get information on writing this module? Is there a module writing guide somewhere or something similar?

Thanks!

Jason

Hi

Yes this can be done, you would have to write a custom module or have someone else write it for you.

If you are going to write this by yourself then be sure that everything else works works after you have applied the module.

If you can’t do this yourself then you can ask for a independent list of consultants from Support@wowza.com

Be sure to get more than one quote to get the best price.

Jason