Thread: rptlive and Transcoder....

Default rptlive and Transcoder....

Using the Application.xml from the examples\LiveVideoStreaming\conf, and editing for the Wowza Transcoder, I'm confused as to the proper Server and Stream entries for the examples\LiveVideoStreaming\live.html flash client.

Server: rtmp://[server ip]:1935/rptlive

Stream: [stream name]_160p
    or
    Stream: [stream name]

With _160 I get nothing. Without _160, I see the stream start up in Stream Manager - but get no picture. If I switch back to [stream name]_160p, I get a stream for about 10 seconds and it drops. And is gone from Stream Manager.

What am I missing?

Anthony,
    First check that you can play back a live stream (without transcoding) reliably. If there are any issues upstream from transcoding, such as connection problems with the live stream, you'll have a problem when trying to transcode. Also take a look at the troubleshooting tests section of the tutorial.

If you want to play back the newly encoded stream as defined by the encode block Name 160p, then you would specify:
    Server: rtmp://[wowza-IP-address]/rtplive
    Stream: [stream-name]_160p

This would play back the source file, not transcoded.
    Stream: [stream-name]

-Lisa

I'm using the same streams that are currently "working" via the /live application directory. They transcode correctly and are available via streaming with the _160p extension.

The source cameras are streaming in MPEG4, hence the need to transcode them to Flash/h.264.

So, if I want these streams "on demand" and don't want to manage via Stream Manager, how does that work with encoding?

The Transcoder AddOn only supports live feed. You could also record the streams as you transcode them using Stream Type 'live-record' or the LiveStreamRecord module for on demand playback later.

-Lisa