Thread: Video Uplink issue on field.************

Post Video Uplink issue on field.************

hi, I use fmle to encode, wherein I do not get max upload bandwith, can you suggest any better hardware device or any cheap routers to bond 3g/4g cards and use for uplink ?

My server on the backend has a 45 Mbps Internet Pipe, but upload being a challenge, I am unable to do live streaming.

Hi
    Bonding 3G and 4G cards together is going to be extremely complicated and expensive.
    I don't know of any routers that will bond these cards and so you would have to take a laptop for each card and another to encode.
    This puts you at 3 laptops thus far and we still don't have a solid solution, personally this seems to not be worth pursuing.

If anyone knows another way please post here.

Jason

I'll chime in.

hiten76,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to live stream from a laptop through a cellular network connection. If not, please describe your setup in more detail.

And the problem is that your upload bandwidth is not sufficient?

You have two options: 1. Use a faster Internet connection. 2. Reduce your stream bandwidth down to what your Internet connection supports.

Adding a second ISP (cellular card) will not make a single stream go faster.

yes, i have a challenge of upload and want to keep stream bw to 700 kbps, reason being, i want to build my own solution as the liveu.tv mobile pack using wowza.

and isp's do not allow upload. 2nd my location may change as and when required.
    Last edited by hiten76; 12-17-2011 at 06:10 AM.

hi, thx for ur reply. Will explain my setup in detail. I conduct events and generally have to depend on the bandwith...Now with wowza i have a server ready on the backend with 45 Mbps....so want to stream the event using a fmle to the server for streaming. You are right upload bw is not sufficient.

as u said, faster internet connection - it depends upon the location, which is not stationery in my case. 2. tried reducing the stream bw to 384 kbps, but sometimes, I dont get that much on a single air card / usb card. So want a better solution to avoid dependency of upload

Unfortunately, adding a second Internet connection will not provide more bandwidth to a single stream. If you had two 1Gbps connections, you could send one stream on one connection and another stream on the other connection, for a total of 2Gbps upload bandwidth. But each stream will be limited to 1Gbps.

is g4 lte avilable in your area?

no