Thread: low bitrate of Wowza server server

Question low bitrate of Wowza server server

Hi all,

I use Wowza RTSP server to read AAC audio file. The file is packitized as ts packet then sent via udp.

The problem i s that somtimes my audio client(which recieves , decodes and displays stream) triggers a timeout . The timeout means that it doesen't receives enough data to fill a buffer then start decoding during 15s.

Analyzing wireshark capture i have found that when this timeout is triggered the bitrate is less then 0.019MB/S wheras it is equal to 0.33MB/S when stream is launched normally.

I use a private network for test and i can't modify the audio client.

Has any one see this problem? can i increase server bitrate ? is the lowbitrate caused by transcoding stream?

Thanks !!!

Hi
    Who is sending the TS packet over UDP.? As far as I'm aware this is done over TCP

You mention Transcoding at the bottom, who is doing the Transcoding?
    When Transcoding a stream you are lowering the bitrate from the source to the specific bitrate you choose but I don't think that this the problem here.

Transcoding can only be done on a live stream and if the audio files are not coming in as a live stream they can't be Transcoded by Wowza.
    How are the audio files getting to Wowza?

Jason

Hi Jason,

The TS packets are sent from the Wowza server, (UDP stream).

Transcoding here means that the Wowza server transforms AAC stream to "ts" stream , i think that it adds PSI(pat , pmt) tables and encapsulate data into ts packet.

The Wowza server reads AAC audio file from my hard disk.

Aymen

Hi
    Ok, I see, Well I think that you may have a firewall issue with UDP on the ports you wish to use.

Can you check that the ports are out of the firewall for UDP on the ports you need
    and check the Wowza logs to see what Wowza is doing when the error occurs.

Jason

Hi,

I have detected a bug in wowza server ,The streaming is started before receiving PLAY request, just only after receiving SETUP request.

When my RTSP client sends only SETUP request (it doesn't send PLAY request) , stream data are transmitted with a good bitrate.

Jason, may i have your confirmation of this bug? else what do you think about this behavior?

Aymen