Wowza Community

ismv/isma fragments to mp4???

hi there…

i’m searching for a way, to get the ismv and isma fragments (stored by the ndvr plugin) into another format, e.g. mp4 or flv.

why should i do this? :wink: …there’s another tool based up on ffmpeg. my job is to take these dvr-fragments and send them to this tool while the live stream is still running (so it is not possible to record the live signal for a second time and use this flv oder mp4 file). and because of the tool’s ffmpeg base, it doesn’t work with ismv/isma files.

so i tried the latest versions of codeshop’s mp4split and gpac’s mp4box, but both tools did not work. the reason for the error seems to be the fact, that the ismv files i used for input are just fragments (mp4split error message: “moof atom must be preceded by moov atom”).

does somebody know a way to convert the fragments to a format supported by ffmepg?

thanks a lot!

Those fragments are mp4 but have custom atoms in them to support DVR.

So it may be difficult to find a tool that will piece these back together. If I was doing it I would probably look for some open source code that can parse mp4 and start with that. But its likely a big job.

One alternative would be to use the live stream record module which will write out an mp4 of the live stream at the same time the DVR is recording it.

@berthman: Any update on this?

I’m also looking for a way to consolidate MP4 files from circular buffer (limited by WindowDuration parameter).

I guess there may be a way to do this using Playlist Request API.

Thank you.

Seb

Also, since that really is an internal representation, there’s no guarantee that the layout or file format won’t change going forward. So there is risk involved in counting on these files.

hi!

i’m sorry for the late response…

actually i tried to solve my problem with the livestreamrecorder_3.0 addon and it worked! i defined a java recorder-object. controlled by a timer thread, on this object the recording is started and stopped every 20 to 30 seconds. this process is running, while ndvr does it’s own work.

so in my case there is no need to convert the dvr ismv-files anymore - i’m producing segments of the livestream on my own way! :wink:

Very cool. Glad you’re working.

Scott

hi!

i’m sorry for the late response…

actually i tried to solve my problem with the livestreamrecorder_3.0 addon and it worked! i defined a java recorder-object. controlled by a timer thread, on this object the recording is started and stopped every 20 to 30 seconds. this process is running, while ndvr does it’s own work.

so in my case there is no need to convert the dvr ismv-files anymore - i’m producing segments of the livestream on my own way! :wink:

hey man,

well, I know this is a pretty old thread but recently I just solved my ismv issue so I’d like to share my idea with more people who may encounter similar matter. I bought a program from the BBC Store, and downloaded it. It came to my machine as a .ismv video. Nothing I’ve got will open or convert a .ismv video file. and then I searched a page which solves this problem fastly. http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/ismv-to-mp4.html Even if the ISMV video is not encrypted, there are few programs can support ISMV video conversion on the market. Besides, you have to spend a lot of time in trying and evaluating which one really works. As you said that “i’m searching for a way, to get the ismv and isma fragments (stored by the ndvr plugin) into another format, e.g. mp4 or flv.” so good luck

I have just converted several ISMV files (one with VC-1 and one with H.264. If your content is H.264 video with AAC audio as reported by MediaInfo you can simply mux the file to MP4

ffmpeg -i SuperSpeedway_720_2962.ismv -codec copy -f mp4 -y Speedway.mp4

If it is VC-1 you can still convert the file to fit in an MP4 container.

ffmpeg -fpsprobesize 48 -i To_The_Limit_720_2962.ismv -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 1 -sn -vcodec libx264 -map 0:1 -r 23.976 -threads 0 -b:v 4277840 -bufsize 5752804 -maxrate 5347300 -minrate 3422272 -an -pass 1 -preset veryfast -profile:v baseline -g 48 -tune film -x264opts no-scenecut -acodec aac -b:a 192k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -af "aresample=async=1:min_hard_comp=0.100000:first_pts=0" -map_metadata -1 -f mp4 -y limit.mp4

ffmpeg -fpsprobesize 48 -i To_The_Limit_720_2962.ismv -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 1 -sn -vcodec libx264 -map 0:1 -r 23.976 -threads 0 -b:v 4277840 -bufsize 5752804 -maxrate 5347300 -minrate 3422272 -an -pass 2 -preset veryfast -profile:v baseline -g 48 -tune film -x264opts no-scenecut -acodec aac -b:a 192k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -af "aresample=async=1:min_hard_comp=0.100000:first_pts=0" -map_metadata -1 -f mp4 -y limit.mp4

ISMV is a video format for Smooth Streaming on a Microsoft IIS server. It is fragmented MPEG-4 files with VC-1 or H.264 for video and WMA 10 Pro or AAC-LC for audio. ISMV stores small parts videos and provides a suitable format for streaming.

ISMV has file format limitation. It should be converted to popular formats like MP4. If you prefer an easy guide on how to do it, try this cicever ismv to mp4 converter. It can be easily found in google. I have used it for many times and it works very well. Hope it is a helper for you and all the readers coming here.