Thread: resetMediaCasterStream via JMX vs. streammanager [reset receiving stream]

Question resetMediaCasterStream via JMX vs. streammanager [reset receiving stream]

Ok, I don't really know, but I thought this should be the same result.

If I call via streamingmanager the reset of a stream, everthing works fine.
    But if I try to resetmediaCasterStream, the Server telles me "Stream not found: flv:2906bot/gotthis1.stream"

So my questions are: what should I tell the JMX Manager that it finds my stream, and/or
    what would be the jmx way to call the procedure which is started via the streamingmanager Web Interface and "reset receiving stream"

Thanks a lot!!

Tom

Tom,

What is "2906bot"? Is it a application instance name, or a sub folder of content location where the .stream file is located?

Richard

Hi Richard,

this is a subfolder within the .stream file!

Tom

Tom,

StreamManager is for starting MediaCaster streams, e.g. IP camera or mpeg-ts encoder. The .stream file typically contains an RTSP or UDP url.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am having a similar problem, we have 2 load balanced wowza's (Wowza Media Server 3 Perpetual Edition 3.6.2 build5334) serving 30 live streams each, occasionally (daily) the streams get corrupted (garbled speech and no video) . We have found that clicking the streamManager reset link for the offending stream works great, the stream starts working again.

However, we cannot watch all the streams all the time to catch them when they break so we use the JMXCommandLine tool and call it via a cron job every hour to reset all the streams on each server instance.

Unfortunately it does not work, we get a stream not found error, ApplicationInstance.resetMediaCasterStream[live/_definst_]: Stream not found: flv:udp_s10.stream, the other functions in this class appear to work, getconnectioncounts, getiooutbyterate, etc... but resetmediacasterstream and startmediacasterstream do not, I can stop the same stream with the stopMediaCasterStream function but I cannot start or reset it.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Jamie

Have a look at this article, should do what you need:
    How to enable advanced monitoring and resetting of MediaCaster streams

Salvadore