Wowza Community

RTMP encoder authentication

Hello,

I am trying to implement rtmp encoder authentication by MediaSecurity_2.0.zip pack on Wowza 3.03

Encoder when try to connect ask for username and password and then connect to server on providing of credentials.

I want to give username and password in RTMP single line address instead of popup of user/password menu like livestream.com do:

www.livestream.com/userguide/index.php?title=Use_Flash_Media_Encoder_On2_Flix_live_or_Wirecast_with_Livestream

The implemented username and password in a single line address in livestream.com is:

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/[your_channel]/username=[username]/password=[password]/isAutoLive=[true|false]

Tell me how can i implement it. I used similarly like this but its not working.

-Mamoor

I’m not sure that is possible with FMLE. If Basic authentication was possible you could put username and password in from of the domain, but I don’t see that option in FMLE.

You could use this method instead:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-file-based-rtmp-authentication-with-url-query-strings-onconnectauthenticate2

Richard

Yes i am using this module but the problem is that this authentication is working on both encoder and player side.

I need authentication on encoder side only.